Question? Should Beginners Buy A Big Heli First Or A Small Heli

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Dec 19, 2014.

By smakmeharder on Dec 19, 2014 at 3:08 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Okay just opinions on this one. How many people thing a big heli is better to learn on and why. I personally think smaller helis are better because of the danger factor - but then again a smaller heli can lead to complacency. So what do you rekon? Big or Small?

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Dec 19, 2014.

1. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

Actually those were mainly injuries from plank propellers. Foto of Roman Pirozek head after accident is much worse. I will not provide link because I respect victim of accident and his family.

If newbie asks me to help him start with 700-800 I would show him this photo first as a warning for sure but I would also help such person to setup the heli, verify his skils on the sym, find appropriate empty field for maiden and first flights.

After three lethal accidents in 2013 I have started to fly more carefull. I include death of 18 months old girl in Asia and accident in Switzerland.

Statistically we are safer at the field than on road while driving to get to the field.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    2. feral

feral Well-Known Member

APC plastic props are the worst offenders by far.

They are so sharp and even the slightest nick from one leads to stitches.

There are far more injuries from planks than helis probably because helis scare most people with they're big shiny spinny things on top

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List