The "other" Forums....

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Beaver, Jun 4, 2015.

By Beaver on Jun 4, 2015 at 9:45 AM
  1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

So I see RCG has acquired HF. Any thoughts on this?

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Beaver, Jun 4, 2015.

1. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

Simply type in Google: "helifreak ban".

Content and value of HF were created in 99% by users not admin or moderators.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    2. mr_squiggle

mr_squiggle Well-Known Member

All the forums are applicable to someone, or they would quickly fold up due to lack of use. We each have our preferences and others would, I hope, respect that.
      HeliGods is a great open forum of discussion and it's a success because it's different to the others that are out there.
      Long live the HeliGods!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Thanks Thanks x 1
      • List
    3. hgnimda

hgnimda Ray - Administrator Staff Member

Thanks @mr_squiggle. The concept of the HeliGods was formed by heli pilots - just having fun and joking around - blaming their crashes and successes on forces greater than themselves. Lets face it, we have all been there when something happens to our model and we think - huh? How did that happen? This concept led to the formation of the Gods, then the church then the religious theme. The religious theme was borne from the fact that RC helicopter pilots are a unique bunch of people who are passionate and understand what its like to fly one of these things. We know some people may be offended by our theme but we mean no disrespect - and we know our gods are real because one certain member keeps burying our models time and time again proving his existence! (lol) and the weather? Well we know all to well its (dare i say?) temperamental? and @Storm Heligod has a tight reign on this. The HeliGod Father does his best to keep crash at bay and unite all heli-brethren. But we are so happy that people have embraced this concept making it more real than ever.

• Like Like x 3
      • Thanks Thanks x 1
      • List
    4. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Speaking of "other forums", I'm sure glad HG doesn't use those confounded Capcha spam filtering puzzle things like that other forum does. I can't do anything over there without having to do one of those stupid puzzles. It's annoying when I'm on a smartphone.... which is 90% of the time.

5. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Yeah I hate them too @Beaver... they do help prevent spam... thats it. Otherwise they are a pain in the a##

6. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Wow. I've been trying to be more active on the "Capcha Puzzle" forum, but so far, it's not working so well. The site navigation is cumbersome, and it seems the site is heavily moderated. None of my replies are going through, even though I'm signed on. The puzzle thing seems a bit redundant since one has to be a member and signed-in to post anything on most forums anyway, spam shouldn't be that much of a problem. Maybe they have had problems with spam to have had to implement such measures....... but wow.

7. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Security is where they walk the line between usability and safety. It seems that they would rather less maintenance /possibility of a hack than convenience for mobile users etc. They use a platform called vbulletin and it has had its share of security concerns...Cross scripting and sql injections are a big thing with such platforms and the captchas add a little bit more of a deterrent. So the are playing it a bit safer rather than living on the edge!

8. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Whatever the case may be, I probably won't frequent that forum. I'm happy with HG and RCG.