Info 383 Switch Blades Vs Halo 365

Discussion in 'Heli Rotor Blades' started by smakmeharder, Sep 23, 2015.

By smakmeharder on Sep 23, 2015 at 10:52 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Well every once and a while new stuff comes along and you think that it cant improve on current technology. Such is the case I thought with HALO blades until I grabbed a pair of switch blades from @ZENRC for my Goblin 380 on the weekend. I was lucky enough to give them a blast today.

Halo_385-150x150.jpg

SW-383-1.jpg

Let me state I have been using HALO 385s which are also fantastic blade as well. I will en-devour to explain the differences.

GEOMETRY:

The SWITCH blades are 2mm shorter but the taper is much shallower at the tip - ie the switches are a bit squarer. The Switch blades are about 1.4 mmm wider along the chord. The airfoil on the switch blades is about 1/2mm shallower. The switch blades are more flexible and considerably lighter. I would say there is more surface area on the switch blades due to the chord being 1.4mm wider over the length of the blade.

The Halos also appear to be much stiffer by comparison.

FEEL:

The SWITCH blades did not pop as fast as the HALO but when they did gain momentum during a pogo they accelerated quicker - ie almost as if there was a 'softer' pop.

For some reason the control felt more precise using the switch - the HALOS still had good control but you need more precision. I am not sure why this is the case. Perhaps it might be due to the switch blades shallower airfoil combined with greater surface area.

VISUALS:

When flying switch blades show very prominent white contrasting band - very visible. However the halos have the orange glow as well - which also looks great. But i would say that the Switch blades stand out a bit more - but the graphics on the halo are more fanciful.

VERDICT:

For me its the switch blades. However @josh - while trying the switch blades on his goblin 380 - seemed to like the halos better. In the end it all depends on your style of flying. You cant go past either blade for great performance on the goblin 380 - both are premium blades. One blade is not better than the other - just different - which is great if you want to transform the feel of your 380. My advice? Buy Both - @Crash Heligod says you are going to need both sets anyway....

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List

Comments

Discussion in 'Heli Rotor Blades' started by smakmeharder, Sep 23, 2015.

1. josh

josh Active Member

Yeah it is fairly odd. Got about 10 more flights on the 713 xf's today and love them. I guess it is just a size to size preference.

2. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

Seems like they have the same feel as the cyclones. Nice write-up.

3. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

They have a different feel but on the same quality level if that makes sense - they are both premium blades. I cant vouch for the 713s however i can usually see certain characteristics of how the heli looks while it is flying. If i could compare visually, the 713s for Josh gave greater hang time and control around the cyclic - but remember he was jumping up a blade size as well. Now my 380 is different to joshs 380 - ie i have the tareq motor. When josh flew his 380 with using the switch blades i saw the best rolling circle i have ever seen anyone do for real. It was awesome. But Josh reports a different feel on the 380 using switch to what i felt using the tareq motor and higher head speed.