Video 500 & 700 Easy Smack

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by iggy, Oct 2, 2015.

By iggy on Oct 2, 2015 at 7:35 AM
  1. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Hi there

Today was a good day - the sun was showing again and I couldnt wait to hit the field. Took my two bee killers and wifey with me. Here are two flight videos. Sorry for the shaking camera wifey was afraid :)

First of my 500: Im trying some new tricks but didnt had balls enough to finish the damn piroflips at the end. There is more action with every flight, its realy motivating me. This baby flyes good but I should do some maintenance (servo gears). It doesnt feel tight anymore. I can feel it in ailron tik toks most.

Then the 700: The tail holds great now, maybe I have even a bit to much mechanical gain against the torque. I will fix that tomorrow then it should be fine. Now I have made about 40 flights on this machine and it still scares the shiz out of me. :) My hands are not wet anymore but this thing is just impressive and I dont want to kill myself.

There was something wierd at the end I noticed the first time since I maidened it - listen to the motor/rotor sound at 3:31 !! There was huge loss of rpm. For a split second I thought the ESC died, but then it came back to power. Maybe you listen by headphones to hear that. I kept flying for a few more seconds but decided then to land, just to be safe.

What the flight log of the ESC sais - there was a peak of 166 amps at this point. The lipo voltage came down a bit in this moment. The ESC temperature was ok. Governor had to work more there. Must have been that rpm loss.. Can you guys tell me if this was normal? The motor was hot but not to much. Im not that experienced with 700 class. For me its just wierd. Things like this dont happen in the damn sim ;)

So thats one year flight experience plus two weeks now. :)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by iggy, Oct 2, 2015.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Very good progression @iggy. looking really good. You will get more confident but its allways good to be a bit scared of the helicopter. I mean thats one reason why i like a smaller helicopter for some things because i can fly it riskier without killing myself if it goes wrong

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    2. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

You're way ahead of me for nearly same timeframe. Then again, If I spent more time flying and less time tinkering I'd be better off. ;)

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    3. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Yeah Smakme thats why I want to get a Gob 380 next year. Just to fly free around without that "If it hits me Im dead 100%" feeling. :)

The Align 500 is not reliable. After 350 flights everything is screaming MAINTENANCE! As you said the 380 holds much more and is even the better machine. I dont know but when I look at my 700 the parts seem to be better quality then the 500.. Otherwise the 500 is an older model. I hope it holds better.

@Beaver :) Im lucky when there is nothing to tinker and I look at some helis sitting on full packs waiting for tomorrow. When you got that chinese 450 - smack it around till it collapse. And then skip to the next level. Dont tinker to much ;)

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    4. smakmeharder

Well I am pushing for 400 flights now without any failures @iggy! I cant get over the 380... You will see from my other thread i put through 50 flights in one day... It was crazy and fun!

5. smakmeharder

@iggy is exceptional @Beaver. I have NEVER seen anyone obtain the beginnings of a piroflip in 1 year. Sure there are claims of people achieving this in 3 months but these are normally EX 3d plane pilots who already have many orientations and maneuvers down pat. You are doing fine @Beaver..

6. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Man 50 flights in one day.. You are siiick :) thats what I do in a good month. Crazy. Cant wait to see your skills on the 380!