Align 700l Top Dominator Super Combo

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by hgnimda, Aug 21, 2014.

By hgnimda on Aug 21, 2014 at 6:09 PM
  1. hgnimda

hgnimda Ray - Administrator Staff Member

Align presents their new 700L TOP Dominator Super Combo! This extreme performance heli can take pilots to the top of the world when it comes to extreme 3D heli flying. The T-REX 700L TOP is equipped with the new technology Gpro flybarless (FBL) system. This heli also features a set of the new and more powerful Align BL815 and 855 metal gear servos. A 850MX 490KV brushless dominator motor is paired with the brute amp producing power of the Castle Creations 160HV speed controller ESC for the ultimate in a high performance power system. The entire frame and structure, including the main frame, tail boom and vertical stabilizer, now use a slick new carbon matte black paint finish that also dramatically enhances overall model strength. High performance heli aficionados will NOT want to miss this amazing model!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Continue reading...

Comments

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by hgnimda, Aug 21, 2014.

1. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

@smakmeharder thanks buddy. Didnt see that. But was looking for..

Now Im thinking about proper lipos for this beast. The gens 6s 5000 60c packs should do a good job.

For a test flight I gonna abuse my 3300 6s packs from the 500... LoL

2. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Its done. Everything works great. 800 landing gear still not arrived.. The weather looks like the maiden will be next year @smakmeharder !!

@Crash Heligod frack you and your likes on every of my pics.

Bye

image.jpg

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    3. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Looks very nice... i bet the stomach butterflies will be flappin on the first flight

4. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

Ahhhh but @iggy, I am part of the hobby you can never deny... I am not a hater.... I am a lover of helicopters, you should see my collection!... I have a pile of heli souls in my grave yard as high as the pyramids of egypt!

5. HeliGod Father

HeliGod Father Administrator Staff Member

Begone @Crash Heligod! Your evil presence is not appreciated here! Stop eyeing off @iggys new chopper!.. I cant guarantee this will keep the evil one away @iggy but its the best I can do... @Crash Heligod cant stand being near me so hopefully this will work. What an awesome machine you are building, it will be a thumping monster for sure! Are those HV servos?

• Like Like x 1
      • Thanks Thanks x 1
      • List
    6. feral

feral Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

800 landing gear is the go on the 700

7. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

The custom job on my Top is almost done. Alu washers and 800 landing gear and fin arrived today. The painture of the canopy.. Here is a Photoshop pic as well. Doesnt it look sweet?? :)

IMG_9794.JPG IMG_9794.JPG IMG_9795.JPG IMG_9798.JPG IMG_9799.JPG IMG_9794.JPG IMG_9795.JPG IMG_9798.JPG IMG_9799.JPG White red blue.jpg

8. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg The custom job is done. Have a look guys... An Align can look so amazing if you do something on your own. I will maiden it next year. Its winter in Europe..

Here is a quick vid, enjoy:

Kind regards,

Last edited: Dec 3, 2014
    9. HeliGod Father

HeliGod Father Administrator Staff Member

What an extrodinary 700 you have their @iggy! Love the landing skids and you are powering it using an 850Mx? Seriously thats awesome power. Some people i know run the 800s and they really hammer. What size speedy are you going to use? I would think a 160 at least... Love the align alloy base tray and the bits of red bling at various spots. Absolutely magnificent!

10. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Dear HeliGod Father

Thank you very much! Im in love with this bird now. The look is just how it should be out of Aligns factory. The red alu washers are very shiny on the matte black carbon. Very nice detail. My buddy did an awesome job with the canopy painting. Its perfect.

The motor is an 850mx right. ESC is the castle Edge 160 HV. This will be just crazy.

I hope to have a great time for the next few seasons with this beauty.

Please keep that crash guy away! :)

Kind regards,

11. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Yep still loving my trex 700... no plans on giving it up anytime soon...

12. smakmeharder

Yes its a nice kit @iggy. We saw crash at the Heligods Funfly (seeposts on heligod funfly). Maybe one year the heligods funfly will cone to you! But in the mean time look after that bird, it looks awesome. They are a great all round helicopter no doubt.

13. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

I will @smakmeharder. Cant wait for the next season to start. But now I have time to chose an other TX and the right Lipos.

Kind regards,

14. smakmeharder

I have found the PULSE GREEN 65C or GENS ACE to be a great pack... It will take hard smak and be cooler than most other batteries i have used.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    15. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I use gens ace on mine.. fit perfect.. and they are 60c

16. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I think I will go with the 60c 5000 pack. The 65c are just 4400 miliamps as I have seen.

Is there a difference in performance between two 6S packs and a 12s block?

17. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

What about the Pulse 5000 65c?

Does someone have any experience with them?

18. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I've run pulse 65c in other sizes and always gone well.. no difference between 2 6s and a stick pack... just with a stick pack make sure they can be charged add 2 6s or have a 12s charger.. plus they fit easier but with the align tray there is no benefit

19. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Dear experienced pilots,

I need some help with my 700 Top. Today I did finaly the maiden as the weather is getting better in Europe. The Gpro has been swapped out for a AR7200bx because I had always a realy warm tail servo in programming mode. Now everything stays cool.

The Beast is set up correctly, 0 degrees Pitch in mid stick, +12/-12 degrees maximum, 6 degrees cyclic pitch. I programmed the governor mode today for 1800/2'053/2154 rpm. The CG is set right and the swashplate is leveled.

I had following problems in my first hoover attempts:

First of, the heli pulls a bit backwards and to the left. I had to correct all the time and I tried to center the swash a bit in the parameter menu (A) of the beast. But got no better results. Whats wrong here? This is very strange in my opinion. Even the wind was coming from the side the heli pulls to... :/

The other thing was the well known tail swing all the time. Not much but I couldnt set the gyro to hold it realy straight. Tried everything from 32% to 49% on my DX18. The tail mechanisam is moving very smooth thats for sure. I didnt switch to idle 1. It was just my first "flight". Maybe I need more than 1800 rpm for a good head locking?

An other thing I have seen was that the tail blows out (nose left) a bit when i give a pitch pump. But im in governor mode... ? When I land it with a baby autorotation the nose goes pretty much to the right but comes then almost back to where it was.

The heli feels realy unstable.. Im a bit disappointed right now.

I had this AR7200bx on my 500 DFC Pro and didnt have this problems.

Please help me out guys.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

iggy

20. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

First check you radio. All trims and subtrims HAVE TO be set to zero.

I prefer Vbar clones. I have one BeastX gathering dust.

In Vbar software you can check if gyro is receiving exactly zero at midstick. Even in ZYX you can check this. I am not sure about BeastX.

In normal mode you were probably far lower than 1800 RPM. Next time ask friend or spectator to record video. Very low RPM can cause similar troubles.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2015