Info Alone In The Ice

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by iggy, Dec 1, 2015.

By iggy on Dec 1, 2015 at 12:16 AM
  1. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Today I couldnt let my Gobby lay around even if we have very strong winds and cold but sunny weather. Some fingerless glowes helped me a bit and I had to warm up my ass and lipo for every flight. :) LoL

After treating the belts with silicone spray they run a bit smoother. Im getting a feeling for the new heli very quick, looking forward to learn many tricks on this one as it flyes really great. It could be a bit bigger sometimes.. Maybe 630 or so.. ;)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by iggy, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Yeah, its not the best time of year to be in the Northern Hemisphere right now, is it? It's been cold and rainy here in the Central US all week. The Aussies have it good right now. :p

2. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, seems like they have perfect weather for flying right now. Only the northern hemisphere guys are on the forum LoL!

3. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

It will be our turn again in a few months. ;)

4. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Nah I will fly trough the winter man.. Just need to cloth me better than today. We only can become good pilots if we dont stop trying. You loose much feel for the machine if you dont fly half a season..

• Crash Immunity Crash Immunity x 1
      • List
    5. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Oh, don't get me wrong, I fly every chance I get as long as the weather cooperates.... and even then I fly indoors if I have to. That's why I keep the little Nano CPx up and running.

• List
    6. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Thats the way. Im thinking about a blade 180 cfx. Just to have allways something "in the pocket" - literally! ;)

7. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I was tempted to get a 180CFX a few weeks ago. Someone local had one for sale $150 (usd) but I decided to go ahead and go for a 450. I hear the 180cfx is quite capable for its size. Good for indoors if you have a large enough area.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    8. AndrewY

AndrewY Member

180cfx is a champ... I ended up buying two... Got one second hand off a forum. Still my favourite micros.

Sent from my LG-D802T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
      • List
    9. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Fog flying.. :D Damn its cold but I got to bring my skill level up asap. The sim Im destroying LoL. But at the field its still an other story.. Any TX heaters on the market?? :)

image.jpeg

• Crash Immunity Crash Immunity x 2
      • List
    10. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Flying in the FOG? Wow @iggy thats gutsy! You know you can get battery powered jackets which warm when you put your hands in the pockets! @3dmick has some... everyone is jealous of him during winter..

11. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Yes I have the milwaukee heated jacket
      It's the bomb:)

12. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Oh that jacket looks good! I would pick the red one. Clever investment for sure. The fog isnt that bad @smakmeharder - as the heli is a 550 class I dont fly far away.. Today the same weather.. But the show must go on. :)

13. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Today:

flying in the drizzle! The heli wasnt even wet. I gave em hard today and noticed that 3:30 minutes is to much for my 5000mah packs. First pack came down to 14%. I decided to go down to 3:10 flight time and thats it. 30% left. 12s setup should give me some more flight time...

I noticed a tiny little wag on nick when hovering for landing. It sometimes does this at the end of a flight. @Manyc have you ever noticed this with your msh brain? It could come from the cold. Its only 3 degrees here.

36 flights done on the new machine. Im very happy with it! :) Bad weather - good flights.

Will do a video soon! ;)

image.jpeg

14. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

wag on nick? are you lower head speed to land? sometimes if you go from a higher head speed to a lower head speed with a higher tail gain you can generate a little wag for a second as the head speed drops but the tail gain is already high...

If thats what you mean

15. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Yeah I go down from 2300 to 1800 for landing and it takes the headspeed drop smooth, no problem.

Its not only a second. Here is an example from a Goblin Speed. Watch from 3:35 as Hugo is hoovering over the other heli. The wag ends as he touch the blades of the other one..!

He is also flying with msh brain. Its not that extreme on mine. Very slight. And it doesnt do it every time.

I thought its up to the cold weather. But in the video the weather is right. Maybe I went down to much with the swashgain as Hugo told me to (because of the bad nick behavior im speed flights).. Or I have vibrations.. I dont know so I asked you if you also notice this sometimes.

16. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I will double check on the weekend.. but I tend to auto down so I go into throttle hold... I will try lowering my head speed and see what happens... so you bring into a stable hover got into normal and land under power?

aah ok.. so remember.. their tail gains on speed are very low.. when you are in the lower head speed have you upped your gains in that mode?

17. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Ok thanks. Yeah I go down to normal mode and come in for landing. I hit throttle hold when i find a clean place to land and let the heli come down smooth.

I dont use to give more tail gain for that procedure. The little wag is on nick.. So i dont think that the tail gain has to do something with it.

The weird thing is it doesnt wag every time. You really have to look at it to even realize the heli does this. Its that slight. I never had that on the Aligns with GPro and BeastX.

I will try to increase my swashgain tomorrow to see if Im to low..

18. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

what is "nick"

19. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Sorry thats German.. Its elevator. It wags on the elevator back and forward.