As The Blades Turn.......

Discussion in 'Blade Heli's' started by Beaver, Jan 30, 2015.

By Beaver on Jan 30, 2015 at 8:44 PM
  1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

So I found myself in need of a replacement feathering spindle for my Nano CPx because it was bent and causing blade tracking and balance issues... then upon gently trying to straighten it, it breaks. I figured a trip to the LHS would remedy the problem, but no F spindle in stock. Next week I happen by the other
    LHS and again, no F spindle in stock, and was informed the part was on back-order at Horizon. So I go home and begin reviving my 120SR that was neglected after I bought the Nano. Naturally it flies like shiz and then I begin the process of scrutinizing parts. Several trips to the LHS later over the next two weeks resulted in two new Li-po batteries (one that has gone bad right out of the package and was replaced for free by Horizon), a rotor hub, cf main shaft, mixing fly bar, main motor, tail boom assembly with tail motor, landing skids, and a tail fin just for the hell of it. I also did some touch-up soldering on the 5 in 1 control board. So, over several weeks time I have managed to practically rebuild my 120SR, which flies like new now as I would expect........ and I have spent $60 to stay in the air while waiting for a $6 part. Feathering spindles for the Nano still on back-order at Horizon of course, as I suspect now they must literally be on a "slow boat from China" or something of that nature. I'm Beaver, and I'm a helicopter addict. :p

Comments

Discussion in 'Blade Heli's' started by Beaver, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

My garage is half that size. Maybe with the Nano....

2. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

nah mines about half that size... I was lucky to hover it and not hit the wall...

3. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

The one good thing about my Nano CPx is that it's small enough that I can hover around in a garage or average sized room and not hit walls..... unless I get stick-happy and get to banking around too much. More than once I found it skids in parallel to a wall close enough that if I had thought to hit negative collective, I might have almost been able to stick sideways on the wall. (Hmmmm...... I may have to try that one day! I'll call it "fly on the wall") Other times, it just bounces off the wall, usually with no damage. I know 3D indoors with a Nano is possible, but I'm not quite there yet. :cool:

4. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

I think you are quite ready to fly your nano indoors @Beaver. Why not try your new 450 when you get it? I am sure you will do fine!!!

5. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Can you read? I've been flying Nano indoors..... Bonehead. :p

6. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

.....by the way, your disguises are not very convincing. 12118982_901234239971460_476990397818929508_n.jpg

7. Crash Heligod

Your right @Beaver.. My eyes are not what they used to be! But i can smell a helicopter from the other side of the globe! And my attire - as you have shown here - can vary from day to day. This is my Donald Trump disguise!

8. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

While I wait for a 450 to arrive... or not....
      I'm still working the silly little Nano CPx. I had to upgrade to bigger wire from the battery to BL ESC. I've had to reinforce the tail boom receiver on the back of the frame and add aluminum tube to keep from breaking tail booms. I think I've replaced almost all original parts except for main shaft, bearings, rotor hub and servos. I'm trying not to put anymore money into the silly thing aside from what's absolutely necessary to keep it flying. It still serves a purpose, especially on days like today with a 40 to 80Kph wind that mandates indoor flying. I'm so ready to go to a bigger bird!

9. Crash Heligod

Just fly everything @Beaver. You cant take your helis with you. Only I can! muah ha ha ha...

10. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Ah, but I do fly everything..... that I have. Three birds to choose from, but none as big and with so many more moving parts as the wayward 450. I would have thought you would be anxious for me to have it already, the sooner you would have the opportunity to try and snatch it out of the air from me. You really do contradict yourself sometimes @Crash Heligod. I think you have jelousy issues. Did you crash your toy helicopter as a child and not quite get over the trauma of the experience? You may also have possibly had an older sister that made you play "dress-up" a few too many times from the sounds of things. :p

11. Crash Heligod

Well...... well yes i did have a traumatic experience. When i was a child, my father - the grim heli reaper - brought a helicopter and would fly it every day. I watched and wondered If i would ever get the chance to fly such a wondrous invention. I was waiting..... waiting for the day when he would say - "son - would you like to fly my helicopter? How about one of your own!". But he never did. He just flew and flew and flew - having all the fun to him self. He would come home and brag about what a wonderful time he had - while I was left at home, alienated in my cave with only a single barbie doll in a pink dress to play with. I hated that piece of plastic! I would think of a million different ways to decapitate it. I would imagine all her flesh gone leaving only a skeleton in a pink dress.

Anyway being so despondent and wanting to fly so badly one day my father out of guilt took me to the flying field. "You can look - but you cannot touch son!" said my father. These words resonated like doom in my head bouncing backwards and forwards building an unfathomable anger. As he was flying I thought "I wish he would crash his precious helicopter" and instantly the bird come plummeting into the ground! I stared in amazement. Then the message came as clear as day into my head... "If I cant fly - no one can!". I realized then that I possessed a power that no one on this earth has! The ability to crash things! So I cannot fly because i was selfishly banished from the sticks - so i made it my mission... If I cant fly - no one can! and that is my sole purpose on earth - forever!

• Informative Informative x 1
      • List
    12. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

The truth shall set you free! Forgive your father for he knew not what he did. His selfishness was no fault of yours. Forgiveness it the way to eternal freedom. Let go your hate so that you may walk into the light and be free to fly forever. The Heligod Imortals will be there to greet you, and (after a momentary flogging for some of your past misdeeds) guide you to The Great Flying Field In The Sky and present you with your very own heli that you can fly to infinity and beyond..... no battery charging or refueling required! All you have to do is let go your hate and animosity and you will find peace and harmony, and the door to eternal freedom will be at your finger.........bones. Heed these words @Crash Heligod and you shall be forever free!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    13. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

You have to listen to me now, @Crash Heligod ...... I friended you on Facebook.

14. simon

simon Well-Known Member

??????? WHAT????? - friended him on Facebook - are you nuts - you should be looking for the un-friend button my friend
      Simon

15. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

They say "keep your friends close...... keep your enemys even closer", right?

16. simon

simon Well-Known Member

I just realized his disguise, he's sneaking in to a redneck fly-in
      Simon

17. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Sometimes I suspect he's stalking me, but then again, it could be one of his cousins. It's hard to tell sometimes..... they all look alike. :p

18. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

The transition to inverted flight is becoming easier every day now that I found a method that works for me in the form of elevator loops and rolls. I can't stop now!! :D:D First chance I get good weather I'll be torturing the Nano. Apparently Heli-X has no video export function, I had to capture with my phone.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    19. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Nice @Beaver, just don't ever have it flying over your head, you don't want to practice bad habits on the sim
      Simon

• List
    20. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Remember this @Beaver... when the heli is upright tail of the heicopter follows the elevator stick - (push the stick up and the head points down). When the heli is inverted the head of the heli follows the elevator stick...

• Like Like x 1
      • List