Video Banshee 700le

Discussion in 'Speed Helicopters' started by ChopsyWA, Jan 25, 2016.

By ChopsyWA on Jan 25, 2016 at 1:36 AM
  1. ChopsyWA

ChopsyWA Well-Known Member

Good day out today, not flying alone was great as I caught up with Charlie who drive down from Port Headland for a morning of flying.
    Ambient temp was hot by this flight (40-degrees), bit of wind, but we soldiered on and got a few flights in. Managed to get this flight filmed, just a couple passes with the Banshee, cheers :)

Comments

Discussion in 'Speed Helicopters' started by ChopsyWA, Jan 25, 2016.

1. gonehelimad

gonehelimad Active Member

frgn fast

nice

2. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

lol remember when Helicraze we flying his at MRCHC... everyone just stopped and watched.

3. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Yeah Michaels heli was very very fast..... and i remember even nick maxwell out at wagga even looked up in amazement when heliraze flew.

4. Ozzy Mozzy

Ozzy Mozzy Well-Known Member

DAMN!!! thats fast...... gotta keep telling myself, i don't need one, i dont want one, i can't have one........... it's not going to happen!

5. ChopsyWA

Yeah you want one, go on!
      Then you can go out for a casual fly late in the afternoon and do a couple of runs like I've just done. I'm actually putting the banshee in the back of the car right now after trying some 1/2 cuban moves to start my passes, and it appears if pulled off they add some speed to the pass ;)

[​IMG]

Not quite the hard n fast flying of helicraze that everyone wants in a banshee thread but I'm trying :) ;) ;)

6. Ozzy Mozzy

lol, yes i do want one!!!! but all in good time..... like the TDR

What the!! 313kmh bloody hell.... I don't know how you can even see it at those speeds....

7. ChopsyWA

Mate the new TDR2 is looking the part!
      I'm lucky to have grabbed colcha's spot for March, so plan on setting up a speed demon there.
      If the TDR2 flys faster than the banshee then I'm not sure what I'll do with the banshee..?.... Park flyer perhaps LOL!

It's a little scary still with the banshee almost flying out of easy visibility, especially with completing the high climb inverted and looping into the pass while hoping that I've got the right elevator position, and that the aileron is central, and that the tail is directly behind as I apply 16 degrees of pitch :)
      Feels good to hear it scream past!
      Another scary bit is the urge to fly the pass closer so the roar is louder!!!
      Dissolve fear, just flog it ;)

8. Ozzy Mozzy

That was a lucky score and you snapped that up real quick!!

Yeah I still don’t know how you can do that with those speeds.... crazy!!! Mad adrenaline hit..... I can’t wait to see and hear one though....

9. ChopsyWA

Handed over my Tx to good friend Charlie (Chucka on ArcHeli), having offered him a crack at the banshee in the past but he always declined - this time he said YES!

#30 was still setup for speed with 95mm tails, so not the easiest to get the tail holding for 3D.
      2100rpm @ 14 degrees.

He wanted me to list the vid as if I was flying as a joke, hence the end comments :)

10. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Brave to throw a borrowed Banshee around like that...fully sick Chucka...you owned it (and brave of you @ChopsyWA for the loaner)
      Simon

11. ChopsyWA

Yeah Charlie knows what he's doing, I had complete confidence in his abilities, in fact I wanted him to push it a bit harder ;)
      Will be flying again with Chucka at Easter, for our last hoorah before I move south next month, and will be chucking (pun intended) a set of 105 tails on and really get #30 three-dee-ing well. Hopefully get anther good flight recorded, perhaps even lower with more punishment to the heli ;)

I am also hoping to get a good hard big air flight recorded soon with 200km passes into wall manoeuvres :) :) :) (Disclaimer: Subject to my abilities.... ;) )

One way or another she'll get flown till she breaks ;)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    12. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Yep he flew it really well. like he stole it (or borrowed it at least). Chucka has the moves. It's really nice to see a magnificent boutique heli being thrown around like that. :cool: Very cool (I still think you're brave though)
      Simon

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    13. simon

simon Well-Known Member

As a question @ChopsyWA , What are your thoughts on the Vbar radio?
      Simon

14. ChopsyWA

The Vcontrol to Neo integration is the best thing since sliced prosciutto :)
      Plastic radio, plastic gimbals, and locked in to the progress of Mikados developments = I don't care cause it is that good (for me).
      As you can see in my video descriptions it is always farken hot! Which made tuning by the laptop tiring, but now I just land and make a change then take off! Sure you can do the same with Bluetooth on other systems, but this is seamless.
      If you fly vbar already then Vcontrol is the next logical step, a no brainer. If your current fbl system is giving you grief, try a neo which just plain works, and then you'll be so happy that a Vcontrol will be added to cart.

Switching to Vcontrol is one of the best purchases I've made in this hobby to date. I'm so happy with it that if the gimbals only lasted a year (a scenario thought up on the idea that plastic is bad) then I would just buy another Vcontrol radio to replace it. With Vcontrol I no longer think about the need to explore Tx and FBL options, that thought is now towards flying (and buying limited edition "out of my skill level" new helis..... ;) )

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
      • Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • List
    15. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info @ChopsyWA interesting , I am thinking of upgrading - and these have really caught my eye. Now just to save for bucket load of neos for my fleet
      Simon

16. simon

simon Well-Known Member

BTW, the first video opening picture looks like it was taken by the Mars Rover...
      Simon

17. ChopsyWA

Maybe just start with the tx @simon if you already have silverline sand mini-v's, upgrade them to V6. Get a feel for the tx with sim and flying, the neo will give you rescue and future control updates/enhancements.

And if you don't like the tx it should sell easy, shouldn't loose too much. May need to buy it from overseas to save a $100 or so.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • List
    18. ChopsyWA

Got all the way out to the club to find I was the only person to fly today, so unfortunately no video content to share this weekend.
      Just a couple of screen shot pics of my speed runs today with the banshee. Turned out my Kontronik prog disc was behind on software updates, so I was unable to get my esc settings better, and so my governor wasn't the best today.
      Still managed to get some good (inaccurate GPS...) results :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Crash Immunity Crash Immunity x 1
      • List
    19. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

HOLY MOLEY... Thats dam fast.... was there a tail wind?