Bitten By Rescue On The Brain

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Billyg, Aug 4, 2016.

By Billyg on Aug 4, 2016 at 10:36 PM
  1. Billyg

Billyg New Member

Went to fly today and as usual I set Tx to iu2 then flick throttle hold off and fly. Haven't flown this one yet since I set up rescue on iu2 and decided to use iu1 for normal flying with a curve of -10 0 +10. I completely for got about having set up rescue and was wondering why it was trying to tilt to the back left while I was trying to lift of in iu2, I settled it down scratched my head and flicked it to normal mode -3 0 +10 and it lifted into a nice stable hover.

I settled it back down I flicked it into iu1 at mid stick, it was zero pitch with 80% throttle so I lifted it into hover and all was good so I settled it down again I hit ui2 as I have done plenty of time before, but not since I set up rescue mode. with Plenty of head speed it shot straight up and hard left, I hit throttle hold just before it tried to re kit it self and I then said to myself (you #%*~<{ dickhead, rescue is on iu2) ☹️.

It needs blades, lower frames and a set of skids, parts are ordered. JR NEX E6 550

I just thought I would share, Billy

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Billyg, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Ouch! Don't ya just hate it when things like that happen? (don't ask how I can relate.)

2. Billyg

Billyg New Member

Thanks Beaver, it make me feel better about it know i am not on my own

3. WoodyB

WoodyB New Member

Hi guys. I run ikons myself but have not updated software to v2 yet. Can you clarify if these probs are associated with issues with the new software or a setup issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

so the new version has added pitch in the recovery. for what is happening from the description I would say there is a bad vibe in the heli... The Brain/Ikon is incredibly vibe resistant... except in bailout mode.. then it is very sensitive.

5. Billyg

Billyg New Member

Yep, this was a pilot error, it was on the ground with full head speed & i flicked it into iu2 forgetting i had rescue set up on iu2

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    6. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I don't have rescue, but switch errors have been known to happen when learning to program a new 8-Ch Tx with 8 friggin switches on it.... and remembering what switch was assigned to what function while in flight. :p

7. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Sometimes we make stupid mistakes with our machines.. head up, keep going. The good thing is, this will happen never again!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    8. Billyg

Billyg New Member

onwards & upwards, as they say