Info Bk Micro Servos From Zen Rc

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Oct 2, 2015.

By smakmeharder on Oct 2, 2015 at 8:30 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Well when the goblin 380 hit 310 flights i decided to change the MKS DS95 servos with some
    BK Micro Size Cyclic Servo Model 3001HVs. from zen rc (www.zenrc.com.au)

Here is a photo

BKMI01-300x300.jpg

Intialy i was not sure what to expect as everyone knows i am pretty happy with the goblin 380 and the speed it moves at.

Well since changing the servos I am very impressed with the feel these servos provide

In a nutshell:

More Torque: My goblin 380 was able to do things i could not do before. IE the pogos were much harder, the piroflips were much tighter, the ticktocks were really locked in. I thought the 380 was flying well before - but now? Much better. I can perform tricks lower, faster and with greater precision. The servos drive my blades exactly where i push my sticks- very quickly. Its a great feeling and sean from @ZEN RC was so right when he stated these are good servos. They are. Also i left the standard servo horns on because if my gobby does crash i want the horns to break, not the gears. There i no issues with the hors breaking or flexing.

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I was pretty impressed with the ones that went into the 380 I built for a friend last month. Smooth, fast, centered great, and plenty of torque. Almost made me want to build a 380 for myself......almost. ;)

2. smakmeharder

Its a very smakable heli @Geena and fast too! I tried the BK servos with Switch blades and tareq motor.... i am really in love. 320 plus flights and only head shims added after 100 flights (i left them out during the build). I dont rep for goblin and i never thought my minip could be replaced for speed and strength - I have really tried to hurt this heli, it has survived some horrible positions and it just keeps coming back for more. I wonder if i will get to 400 flights. Still no sign of wear on the belts that i can see. I have never had a tail hold so well. But maybe i am still in honeymoon phase.... but its just so enjoyable to fly. My 700 went well today but its no where near as nimble and quick as the 380.

3. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I have to say I was impressed with the one I built too. I put roughly a dozen hard flights on it before I turned it over to the person I built it for.....had to make sure it was set up properly and safe to fly......LOL. She went with the KDE motor, which has plenty of power. But I would have gone with the Scorpion or the Tareq motor myself. It does get small...really fast though. So I found that I had to keep it closer and lower to be able to keep up with it.

4. smakmeharder

Yes.... I am a bad boy with the 380, i know I sometimes fly it too close to myself.... but its just so purty!!! Side on ticktocks at like 2 meters away - its such a rush.

5. smakmeharder

But if you ever do go the 380, go the Tareq motor.... I have never had a motor that is cooler to touch after many hard flights.... its simply amazing. If you dont crash this would have to be the most economical helicopter to own. Normally after 100ish hard flights something happens to most small helis and something needs changing. Maybe i have been lucky so far...

6. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

No wear on head, Feathering shaft or grips? They take most of the punishment don't they?

7. smakmeharder

Absolutely no slop whatsoever. The steel is good quality.. @The Dude did an inspection today after I just broke my record of 28 flights in one day. It is now 50!!!! See 50 flights later thread.

8. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

I have never seen a heli .. treated like that for very close to 500 hard smack flights now.. and the ONLY things that has been done is some shims added to the head.... The belts still have at least another 300 flights left on them .. Maybe more... No signs of slop anywhere. Everything is still tight ...

9. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Ah.... steel. I assumed high-grade billet aluminum at least. No worries there!