Build Thread Building A Synergy 766

Discussion in 'Synergy' started by Manyc, Feb 9, 2016.

By Manyc on Feb 9, 2016 at 2:37 PM
  1. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Hello,
    Well I was lucky enough to get one of these kits from the first batch in Aus from ARKRC... At the moment I believe they are changing systems so it is not listed on their site, but call and see if they have any in stock. As is my want, I will start a build thread on this.. pointing out what I do and don't like... For a video build guild, go watch Chris Sextan's amazing video

anyway here is the setup..

Frame: Synergy 766
    ESC: YGE 160HV
    Motor: Scorpion 4530-450 14s
    BEC: Gryphon 75a
    FBL : CGY750
    Cyclic Servos: Futaba BLS172
    Tail: Savox (I forget the number will update)
    Main Blades : Rail 766
    Tail Blades : Rail 116
    Optipower Backup Guard
    RX: Futaba 6303SB

Pros:
    * Battery Tray
    * Turnbuckles
    * Top Quality Machining
    * Manual
    * Thrusted Main Bearings
    * Progressive Dampening
    * Mechanical Adjustable Cyclic
    * 3 Different Tail Ratios

Cons:
    * You need to pin the boom and tail case yourself
    * Would like to see an over/under bell crank
    * No dedicated Gyro plate (tho its huge there should be no problem finding space)
    * TT design will make bearing swap outs very difficult or even impossible
    * No space designed to allow cable runs.
    * No pre-drilled holes for pinning boom and tail.
    * Battery Tray is designed round stick packs.

Overall Thoughts:
    Ok.. so overall quality is top notch.. everything went together easily, manual was very well laid out and designed. I really enjoy the new features, turnbuckles make setup easy, as well the thrusted bearings. Changing the elevator servo placement, makes it so much easier to get at and replace, as well as setup the initial center..
    The kit has little to no slop in the places it needs it, and the head is massive, with the dual dampening setup gives a lot of flexibility.
    The 0 degree marks on the head, while not a new idea, is new to synergy, is a nice visual you have center done, even tho I used the soko for that, and with turn buckles, I left the servos at center and adjust it using the turn buckles, this made it easy to setup even throws on the swash.

Maiden Flight:
    ok.. so she has flown.. and is quiet. it feels very light in the air, and with the 4530-450 on 14s has some punch... I have a slight tail wag I need to get rid of, but it holds well in funnels.. flip and rolls seem symmetrical.

I will give it a few more flights, and see if I can get the tail sorted, and see what she can do.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Synergy' started by Manyc, Feb 9, 2016.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Yes it is a great build thread. Very good pictorial and some great instructions at critical build points. Very well done @Manyc. BTW who is the pastry chef in the background of the last picture? It looks like he is giving your heli build a big cheer!

2. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Thanks guys.. Retail for the kit is $1550 email ark and they will hook you up.. I'll finish the thread tomorrow... She has a bit of a tail wag.. But I'll sort it out.. But she does fly pretty well...

• Like Like x 1
      • Crash Curse Crash Curse x 1
      • List
    3. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Ok.. so wiring was done.. and all done.. now I haven't mentioned the battery tray.. this is nice, and simple... however he is assuming that everyone has a stick pack. so with 2 separate batteries, I don't think there is enough support. So I basically taped it in place.. and have the "buckle" of the strap on the tray side.. gives more clearance on the bottom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]