Busy Weekend Ahead

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Geena, Dec 20, 2014.

By Geena on Dec 20, 2014 at 11:02 PM
  1. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

My weekend is about to start with a helicopter build, but it is not my own helicopter. A friend of mine purchased a TSA 600E Pro kit at OHB, and wants me to assist in the build, setup, and maiden flight. So today we get started. He`s going to meet me at my home flying field at 08:30, where we will occupy the pilot`s lounge while we build/set up his helicopter. Then over to the flight line to give it a test flight before I turn it over to him. He has lots of flight experience, but has never build a complete kit. So this should be an exciting day for him.

Tomorrow, I will be traveling over to Tampa,FL ( about 1.5 hours from home) to assist another friend in setting up his T-Rex 700E. He has the kit built, and all electronics installed, but he wants his build (his first build) checked out, and test flown before he flies it.

I most likely will not be able to fly any of my own helicopters this weekend. But it`s well worth, it to be able to help a couple of really nice guys get their helicopters going so they can enjoy them.

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Geena, Dec 20, 2014.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Phew it will be a busy weekend for you @Geena! and all for charity as well! Test flys can be very nerve racking, nothing like flying your own heli... You have to be ready to expect anything. I remember heligod immortal @5Fidy testflying someones heli oneday and it just dove straight into the ground during liftoff!.

2. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

The fresh build will be fine. He is going to use a beastx on it, which I am very familiar with. The one that had already been built, also with a beastx....will be not be flown until I check every mm of his build ans setup. Safety first, right? :) I`m not worried about the TSA at all...If I put it in, I have parts in stock to repair it. ;)

3. simon

simon Well-Known Member

It's good to help people, then when they all over it, they will help people and the cycle continues and our community grows. Full kudos to you @Geena , this is one of the reasons I like this sport so much
      Simon
      and BTW, A Merry and Safe Christmas from Down Under

4. smakmeharder

Yes its great to help new people into the sport and help them build their helicopters so you can watch the expressions on their face once they crash it... .problem is it doesn't take long to figure out that their crash becomes your crash untill they learn! ahhh its all good.

5. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

@simon :)

6. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

LOL... yes, you are right about that @smakmeharder. But....it usually only takes a couple of times before they get it. I don`t do the repairs for them, but have them do the repairs while I supervise and keep them on track. I think they benefit more from that than they would if I just do their repairs and hand it back to them. ;)

7. smakmeharder

Oh wow @Geena thats even better! Not only do you get to experience first hand the sheer terror the enthusiastic new pilot experiences as @Crash Heligod rips the soul out of his new born adulation, you get to experience the torture and confusion during the rebuild! Simply marvelous!!! Now I know why you do it!

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    8. simon

simon Well-Known Member

You are a sick unit @smakmeharder , that's probably why I like you'
      Simon

9. smakmeharder

Oh yes i saw @geenas post and I knew what i would subconsciously be doing in her case :)

10. smakmeharder

Did you fly this weekend @simon? or too busy buying christmas helicopters for your other half and satan... satan needs a helicopter too....

11. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Just 4 packs through an E7 on Saturday, which were fun. I did feel a bit loose through not enough flying, but that's a problem I'll fix over the coming season. Speaking of Christmas Helis my Rush Evo should arrive today (woohoo)
      Have a safe break Mate and see you IRL in the new year
      Simon