Build Info Do Better Bearings Really Make A Difference?

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by hgnimda, Apr 20, 2014.

By hgnimda on Apr 20, 2014 at 1:42 PM
  1. hgnimda

hgnimda Ray - Administrator Staff Member

Ok you can buy bearings http://www.bocabearings.com/ and several other high quality type bearings. Do these really have an advantage over the standard bearings supplied in RC Helicopters today? If so what can i expect by using better bearings.

There are also Ceramic Bearings as well. Are these of any use compared to normal bearings?

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by hgnimda, Apr 20, 2014.

1. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

It even says in the instructions for your scorpion motor to oil it every 4 to5 flights.

2. HeliGods

HeliGods Mark - Administrator Staff Member

Yer, so pretty safe bet to do so, Many of us dont, lol

3. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I oil my motor bearings... as it will by far rotating the fastest... I pretty much oil the motor bearings with scorpion motor oil, and I use triflow on main and tail shaft... thats about it...

4. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

I generally use spit on the main shaft and fresh air on the tail...Seems to work. Although i remember not greasing the radial bearings on the minip and after quite a few flights, the radial bearings were GONE... I mean literally the cage was not there.. just the bearing balls. Grease on the internals is critical. And i want a descent grease for the main gear on the gobby as well. I have been using silicone.

5. bjay415

bjay415 Well-Known Member

I use for triflow all round

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

6. mr_squiggle

mr_squiggle Well-Known Member

This works for me. Use the greaser for all bearings except those in the motor seems to make everything smoother for longer. Don't use oil in between greasing. Triflow or Scorp oil in the motor every 4-5 flights.

Citizen #186

7. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

You only use air on your bearings spankme the answer to the thread head line is of fracking coarse
      good quality bearings make all the world of fracking difference daaa. They are the things doin all the
      work on all the efficiency of your battery's power to your motor thru the main shaft to your tail shaft to your
      head thus making your piece of engineering masterpiece flying.