Exceed G2

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Steven, Feb 11, 2016.

By Steven on Feb 11, 2016 at 12:41 PM
  1. Steven

Steven New Member

Does anybody know where i can get a charger or battery for the g2 400 version 1.

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Steven, Feb 11, 2016.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Hi Steven.

The Exceed G2 400 size helicoter takes a standard 3s battery and there are many which will accommodate the charging. You just have to make sure that you find the right adapter to suit the battery.

Now for the charger, it really depends on what level you want to get into this hobby. If its only to charge one battery and your not really wanting to get into the hobby in a big way and want to watch the budget then something like this will charge the battery - and its only $16.00. You will have to make sure your connectors fit or match up an adaptor. Or even perhaps solder your own.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...act_2S_3S_Lipo_Charger_100_240v_US_Plug_.html

If you want something more descent then there are much better chargers out there that can charge much bigger batteries very quickly. But again it just depends on what you want your charger for. The charger above (and others like it) should meet your requirements for entry level...

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    2. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

That one on Hobby King is very similar to the one I picked up on EBay for $8.99. It does the job, but I notice it cuts off a little early at around 75% by the battery monitor I have. I have to "double peak" it to get a full 95% or so. It's only 800mA. $_1.JPG
      I just need to go get the good one I seen at the LHS for $29.99 that is microprocessor controlled and has full functions (Charge/discharge/storage).

3. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Okay, I stand corrected. This time it charged to 95% on a single charge cycle. :confused:

4. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I used one of these for quite a while, and it is a pretty good bang for the buck charger. It will charge up to 6s lipo, and it comes with a ton of accessories. The programming is very user friendly, and it can be used on AC or DC power sources.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html

I use a Dynamite Ultra Duo now, and I`m in love with it. 500 watt built in power supply, and will charge two 6s 5200mAh packs in about 18 minutes.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-heli...ttery-charger-6s-10a-200w-x-2-dyn4300/p241162

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    5. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I saw that one while I was browsing online last night. Not bad.

6. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I was really happy with the one I had. The only reason I don`t still have it, is because I switched to the ultra duo and a fellow pilot had his charger burn out on him. So I gave it to him to keep him flying. As far as I know, he is still using it.

7. Steven

Steven New Member

Thank you everyone this has been a big help.