Finally Clicked

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Geena, May 31, 2015.

By Geena on May 31, 2015 at 8:14 AM
  1. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

Today`s trip to the flying field was extra special for me today. I have been flying RC helicopters for almost five years now (December is my five year mark) and I have been trying to learn piro flips for the past two of those years without success...until today.

I was down to my last set of charged packs, and decided to try a piro flip. I went up, and did a not perfect...but clean one. Then another, and then another. I was thrilled! My brain and thumbs have finally gotten on board and are on the same page. I spent the whole flight doing nothing but piro flips and it felt great. I was even able to keep them relatively in place by the end of the flight too. All my packs are charged again, and I`m soooo excited about going back tomorrow to practice them some more. Such a productive day of flying which has taken my enjoyment of the hobby to a whole new level. I`m still tingling from the experience. :)

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Geena, May 31, 2015.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Yes.... Yes yes yes... Now a whole new range of tricks will open to you... Congratulations, so proud of you... Lock it in. Now.. Btw left tail or right tail pioflip?

2. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

Thank you @smakmeharder. I`m pretty proud of myself too. :D I have been chasing that maneuver for a while..LOL. Left side rudder for now. After I get them dialed in on left side rudder, I`ll start working on right side. :)

3. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Well done Geena, It's funny, I did my first and well formed piroflip two weekends ago, I was stoked, came home and told Leanne (my partner) "Hey, guess what?!!???, I did my first piroflip today", her response, "Shhhhhhhh, I'm watching Gardening Australia...".
      Simon
      I tried them again last weekend and nearly went in twice, I'll continue with the sim...

4. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Congrats Geena & simon piroflips are a awesome looking trick well done

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    5. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

@simon You shoulda told me dude!!! That is just super awesome as well! So proud of you BOTH!... Now please - both @simon and @Geena if I may offer some advice!!!

Please hit the sim when you are not flying and perform the following.

Perform your piroflip and do it consecutively for around three minutes - if you can! Make this your major challenge!

WORK TOWARDS... Slowing them down drastically and still trying to controll... then speed them up - and slow them down again - On the sim only!!! Too risky at this stage to do for real

WORK TOWARDS... Moving the piroflip away from you and left to right using collective control at just the right point.

WORK TOWARDS.... Making sure you do the same amount of turns top and bottom.

FOCUS on bringing them into center. You can only learn this through repitition. No shortcuts here.

LONGER TERM: Once you become advanced, keying off from different directions (as detailed in the piroflip tutorial)

I am so excited for you both! Really I AM! I love seeing people reach this pinnacle. It will change your life forever. Every other problem you have will pale into insignificance compared to the journey you are both about to embark on! (well maybe not, but it did for me!)

This is just SOOOOOO awesome... Please let me know if you want any help with any area of the piroflip....

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Thanks Thanks x 1
      • List
    6. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Good advice, I've been practicing half piros for a bit, but I have trouble keying out of the inverted piro part, I need a lot more practice on the sim for sure, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel - BTW, it's HeliGods training videos that got me this far so a big pat on the back for you guys

Simon

Last edited: May 31, 2015
    7. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Awesome guys.. That's great... Now begins the long road.. Well I found it a stupidly long road I'm still traveling.. The God damn why can't you be neat and stay in one place you stupid helicopter.. Road..

Let's hope it's a very short road for you guys

8. simon

simon Well-Known Member

If it was easy, I'm sure this sport would not hold our interest. It's fun.
      Simon

9. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

Thank you @smakmeharder. I`m still buzzing from it..LOL I put in about two hours a night on the simulator, and I guess it finally paid off for me. Now that I finally got the gist of them, I`ll start working on the areas you mentioned above. Practice, practice, practice. Who knows, Maybe I`ll be able to add the piro flip to my flight routine at an event in the near future. :)

10. Busher

Busher Member

Well done, the buzz is what I like about this hobby. I miss the flying at the moment as I haven't done any for quite a while.

All the best for the rest of the flying season

11. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

Its been a long, and for the most part, disappointing road for the past two years. I was getting to the point of just giving up on ever being able to do them, because they always looked like an airborne chicken dance. I`m glad that I don`t know how to lose, and refused to give up and let it beat me though. I still have a lot of work to do to get them refined, but any worth doing is worth working hard for. :)

12. HeliGods

HeliGods Mark - Administrator Staff Member

Unreal @Geena that's so GOOD !!

13. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

So good @Geena , I know a lot of people who have flown for 5 years + and would not even attempt it .. Kicking butt girl !!