News Futaba Gyro - Cgy 750 V2.0 Update

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by The Informer, Jan 7, 2016.

By The Informer on Jan 7, 2016 at 9:09 AM
  1. The Informer

The Informer Administrator

Attached Files:

Comments

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by The Informer, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Fredo

Fredo Well-Known Member

If anyone would like to update .Pop in the shop, It takes around 5 min, Of course its FREE!.

2. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Nice @Fredo... Everyone take note!

3. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

If anyone is at mrchc on Sunday I'll bring my update cable... If I can find it

4. smakmeharder

OK no problem, i will bring my gobbies.... what time you down?

5. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I'm be there in the afternoon... Tho that's still in the air due to other tasks.. But worse case I'll come down just to drop it off for people to use

6. smakmeharder

Sure thing... cool! Time to blow my eproms!!!

7. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

Yeppee!

8. smakmeharder

I am a very happy chappy. Upgrading to V2 provided me with more control still with the loose feeling. It seemed to have better pitch responsiveness and piroflips were like a dream. You could really nail those suckers. Thanks so much @Manyc for bringing in the update lead. There are still a few unexplained features on this gyro but i do like the update. Definitely a winner.

9. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

Yes your piro flips were indeed tight. Looked awesome in the air.

10. smakmeharder

Lolz thanks @MickyD, your flying was incredible dude....very nice indeed.

11. smakmeharder

Here is some more information from Nick Maxwell regarding the cgy750 settings incase you were not aware...

The CGY750 is reborn!! It has been a little while since the last CGY750 update, but I believe this is well worth the wait. Unparalleled flight performance with user friendly tuning were the two key goals when developing Version 2.00. After hearing from several top competition 3D and F3C pilots, and many Futaba users via Fun Fly events and forum discussion from around the World, Futaba has taken those comments, suggestions, and flight tests into account to create an update that pilots should be able to have great success with.

1. New Cyclic and Collective Pitch Control:
      As 3D flying became more aggressive and technical in recent years it became obvious a purely reactive gyro system was not enough to keep up with pilots fast (and at times combined) collective pitch, cyclic, and tail rotor inputs. In Version 2.00 the gyro now takes aerodynamics, stick input rate, gyro sensing action, other axis, and even previous actions into account to create a feeling that the helicopter is not only connected to your stick commands more than ever, but flying as axially and interaction free on each axis as possible to make maneuvers effortless. It is safe to say this gyro has gone from a stabilization system to a flight control system.

2. Condition Selection:
      As well as the general flight performance improvements Futaba went a step further to allow users to tune more freely, compare settings, and tune for several different flying styles. "Condition Switching" has been added which allows for two separate sets of values for the Flight Tuning and Expert cyclic settings and key Governor tuning parameters. Pilots can now tune the helicopter precisely for multiple and wide range RPM setups, F3C hover vs. aerobatic separation, or even smooth 3D settings vs smack 3D settings. Futaba has also taken care that the reversing direction parameters (gyro compensation direction, servo direction, swash type, and servo neutrals) do not change per condition so that when switching conditions there is no chance of a crash due to a mistake of not matching a general setup parameter that would never be intended to change in flight.

3. Menus and User Friendly Tuning:
      As a pilot you want to be able to tweak the helicopter to feel a certain way, yet in the background still have the same stability, response to wind, and over all flight characteristics. With the CGY750's new cyclic tuning menus it is now possible to tune the model to feel how you want, yet not deteriorate or effect any other factors of gyro stability in the process.

Tail rotor parameters have been simplified to allow the pilot to tune to their liking easily without effecting tail holding power or other elements of tail control.

Governor setup and performance changes have been implemented so when GYRO + GOV is activated rotor head governing is taken into account to improve cyclic and tail rotor performance.

Version 2.00 is a free update installed via PC and Futaba's CIU-2 USB device. The firmware will be downloadable from www.futabarc.com

under the "software updates" page.
      If you are a CGY750 owner make sure to check that page in the next few days for the update, as well as in general to keep your Futaba products up to date. Also be sure to pass this along to other Futaba pilots and friends who would like try something new on their 750!