Info G Speed Competition

Discussion in 'SAB' started by iggy, Dec 7, 2015.

By iggy on Dec 7, 2015 at 9:36 AM
  1. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Get some kleenex guys..

The new one from SAB makes me speechless. Its claimed to be the fastest rc heli in the world. In the second vid you see a beta version in action but they didnt say how fast is was.

The aerodynamics are incredible. Fuselage made of three parts with a perfect fit. Even the front part has to be tightened with screws before every flight to avoid any aerodynamic loss. This is not funny.. Yeah, its made for competition only!

There are only three beta versions made so far. A complete setup will cost over 3 grand.. Holy moly!! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List

Comments

Discussion in 'SAB' started by iggy, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

What.... are they up to 96S power system now? :rolleyes:

2. ChopsyWA

ChopsyWA Well-Known Member

Looking like a fair improvement over SAB's first speed heli attempt, though if that second video is the best example then they have a way to go before being the fastest heli....
      Wonder how the pricing will be? Cause at the rate SAB's pricing structure goes this may be close to in price to the German alternatives of higher quality workmanship.
      If the airframe price if good this may be a great entry option into speed flying :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    3. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

I know that the second video doesnt realy show what it can do. Just one flyby was very very fast. The other attempts werent good. Maybe the fbl unit wasnt tuned properly. Or the pilot shiz his pants because there are only 3 of this model made..

The guy who was talking in the first vid is one of the co-founders of SAB and he was talking about "tres milles" for a complete setup. So 3000.- euros.. I think minimum!

I guess they will keep producing the "old" Goblin Speed as well. We will see if the competition version can be the fastest in the hands of a freak. I believe it can because there are some real improvements in aerodynamics.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    4. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Haha no no. Its "just" 14S my friend! But when i look at the lipo compartement a 20S could fit... The next 10 years will bring crazy stuff to the rc heli world. We are thinking some helis are realy high end.. There is always a higher end!

5. MadBird

MadBird Well-Known Member

I think Bert came in third place at the OHB Speed Cub with his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
      • List
    6. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

What models have been on 1 and 2?

7. ChopsyWA

ChopsyWA Well-Known Member

Diabolo S

8. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

This is one sexy looking helicopter. speed machines are incredible - so much depends on the quality of equipment being used. One guy who used to fly at our field would spare no expense when it came to building his speed machines. To see them in person - first hand - is awe inspiring. They are like missiles - if you are not really solid on the sticks, one small twitch can create a fireball!

9. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree the design is incredible!

The heli kit seems to be the cheapest part of the whole cake. A good motor and esc cost more for sure..

Speed flying is something different.. 3D can be easy and smooth, very predictible. Speed runs will not even accept blinking your eyes!

Like you said a fireball.. Thats the sad thing about it. There will be nothing left if it comes down. Therefore I would set it up for 3d LoL. Just to have that design!

10. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I can see that...... a flipping flounder!
      I'm not so sure I would be able to resist the temptation of painting the fuselage on one of those to look like a flying fish! :rolleyes: