Getting A Makeover This Weekend!

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Geena, Jun 14, 2015.

By Geena on Jun 14, 2015 at 10:47 AM
  1. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

Not me....my helicopters. My fleet will be getting a performance makeover tomorrow after I`ve finished flying. My two TSA 600Ns will be getting new GV-1 governors, and my TSA 600E will be getting a brand new set of BK 7001HV cyclic servos. So I`ll be a busy girl tomorrow afternoon and hopefully, I can have them all setup and ready to test fly on Monday afternoon after work. :)

WP_20150613_006 (1024x762).jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Geena, Jun 14, 2015.

1. MadBird

MadBird Well-Known Member

Oooh Aaah GV1... Yeesss... I didn't know you could still buy them.

The GV1 was my introduction to governors which came on a second hand Trex 600N that I picked up. What FBL unit do you use Geena? No internal gov?

2. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

Yes there are still some available...great governors. I`m using Bavarian Demon 3X units, and they do not have an internal governor in them.

3. MadBird

I don't think it will be too long before BD release new firmware with the built in gov. Are you sponsored by BD?

Edit: Doh...Just looked at your signature. Team BD :oops:

4. MadBird

Getting a bit off topic, but I guess you'll get to help with the BD internal gov testing?

5. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I hope so. I really want to give that a try.

6. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

The only gov I have used has been the ones in the speed controller. I like to use Kontronic when i can for electric but I suppose a gov on a nitro is a different kettle of fish. How did the makeover go?

7. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

Yes, nitro is a very different animal for sure. But way easier to set up than an electric...at least to me they are. The makeover went well, and I`m happy to have the DS610s out of my helicopter. The 610s were ok, but just a little slow for my liking. I have BKs on the other helicopters anyway, so I thought it would be best to have them on the electric as well. Plus, I can run the BKs on 7.4v :)

8. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

The bks seem to be really good value. The only issues I have ever heard re BK are some tail servos on the mini and std size not working with vbar very well. But apart from that, awesome servos.

9. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I really like them, and they have been serving me very well. If I do ever have an issue with them, I`m sure Bert will make it right. I have heard of some of the incompatibility with V-Bar too, but I fly Bavarian Demon....so its all good ;)