Gpro Dead

Discussion in 'Align 3G FBL System' started by iggy, Oct 25, 2014.

By iggy on Oct 25, 2014 at 5:52 AM
  1. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Hi there

I setted up my Gpro yesterday. Everything worked fine. After a break i wanted to have a look at the parameter menu. As i plugged in the RX pack again there was zero reaction of the Gpro anymore. Damn..

Anyway, I asked Align directly, sent a mail to a known contact person in Taiwan. Still got no answer. I called my RC dealer and they told me that 3 of 6 units have been sent back for replacement. They allready know the problem. So I will get a new one soon.

@feral if Im right I red somewhere in a thread that you have written your buddy has burned 3 units. How did this happen man?

Does anyone have the same experience with the GPro? I know that its not polarity secured but I didnt treat it wrong. How to trust this system now if this is my first experience? I want to fly a 700 heli with it, this is not funny if something goes wrong.. How you have to put the RX pack in to burn it down??

Kind regards,

iggy

Comments

Discussion in 'Align 3G FBL System' started by iggy, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I would say 5amp continous 10amp burst... is the usual rating of the servo wires used. Hence I always go something with 2 sets of wires.. adds redundancy and capacity..

and yes @feral its rated at 20amps...

2. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

@Manyc thanks buddy. I didnt get the point with the 2 sets of wires. How do you combine them?

I just needed to know if the switch can tolerate the 2S RX lipo and the high voltage servos from align because I dont want to loose this bird because of a switch. But it should be allright..

3. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

voltage is not an issue.. its the amp draw.... do a visual comparison to std servo wires.. I used the "Heavy Duty" version for ages on my trex 700... I switch to the pro, as I was starting to fly harder, and just wasnt sure.

you dont really combine cables.. you need to have 2 sets come from the source. That way both wires are powered and can provide double the max amperage of one.. if that makes sense. This is why I like using the main power cable, instead of the servo wire coming out of the packs, as there is no point having a 1 servo wire coming out and spliting into two down the track, as you would be limited by the initial wire specs...

Most servo wire is 26awg... some are 24awg.. but you would want to be running 22awg if you want to be safe...

4. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

One other issue apart from current draw is the ability of the switch to remain connected during intense vibration. Make sure you tap the switch while the unit is NOT spooled up and ensure the gyro does not reset due to bouncing contacts.

5. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

image.jpg Thanks for the tips guys.

There are two wires coming out the RX pack but anyway the Gpro has only one input and that is the futaba plug..

6. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

You can use a y adapter to plug in the throttle and power via it.. assuming you can plug power into that port without damaging.. I do that on the Spartan and brain

7. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

And as long as there is no bec power going via the throttle lead

8. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Ok thanks. I have seen some examples on the net as well and will think about. Running a BEC will never happen to my helis. Only RX packs. Its a bit annoying that the Gpro is not polarity protected and I have to put it that switch now, what has the consequence that i have to revire the whole powering system. Plug in the RX pack directly to the FBL unit would be so easy, because there are allready heavy duty wires on the pack..