Info Halo 360 Rotor Blades - Review

Discussion in 'Heli Rotor Blades' started by smakmeharder, Nov 16, 2014.

By smakmeharder on Nov 16, 2014 at 8:55 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

After flying align 360s on my minip for over a year, @BladeBandit suggested i try a set of halos and see what i thought. He bravely offered me to try a brand new set and the following is my evaluation.

VISUALS.

One thing about heli blades is the visuals. Often overlooked by manufacturers but important nontheless. The effect is subliminal once you are experienced - ie when you blade is less visible you still fly fine but feel a little more on edge than normal. So when you put a set of blades which really stand out, you still fly the same but just feel more confident and more in control. Its because you have more visual cues.
    The Halos are quite visible and with the splash of color on the blade - in my case orange - i really felt quite comfortable with the look. The disk was very visible and i would give it a 8.5 /10.

SPEED

These blades flew quite fast and my heli did not pitch up whatsoever during a speed run (i flew it after everyone had gone). My aligns would pitch up when I flew fast. Fast hurricanes were stable... very stable. This helped tracking as well. I still could make it pitch but I was traveling stupid fast with the wind into a loop and i have not tried to tune the gyro to these blades yet. These blades were easily 20 - 30-% faster than the aligns. I would say 8/10 - possibly more once i tune the gyro somewhat.

3D - smakish stuff.

Very nice once again. The blades somehow felt more efficient - ie i could generate pop but not loose as much power. Also during tick tocks the motor would bog less but the heli would still move where i wanted it. Also during rolls the heli felt under control.

Piroflips also felt more controlled. Less inclined to blow out and felt precise. I would give 8.9/10 for 3d

Tracking

Absolutely awesome. These blades tracked so well. While performing fast hurricanes there was no twitching, subtle pitching what so ever. The heli felt as if it was on rails. 9/10

Price

Well yes these blades are expensive. If your the sort of person who crashes your heli every weekend then i would think twice before putting a set of premium blades on. But if you are performing 3d manouvers and you want the best then these blades are pretty darn good. They do both 3d and speed/tracking well. and they look good too. Theres two ways to look at price.. How much value are you getting for your dollar or how much the blades cost you compared to the average blade. I would say the average blade is around 35 dollars for a set of 360s. Add roughly 10 bucks more and you have a set of halos. So for price i would give them 6/10. For Value however I would give them 8.5/10

I cant wait to fly them again! You can buy these at @ZEN RC and other authorized dealers.

Halo-360-300x300.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'Heli Rotor Blades' started by smakmeharder, Nov 16, 2014.

1. 3dmick

3dmick Well-Known Member

Well done mate great review your miniP
      Look locked in today I think it was in a happy place lol

2. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Yes it was in a happy place and if my minp is happy i and happy! The hurricanes were sicko...

3. rcbazaar

rcbazaar New Member

I really like your
      take on the issue. I now have a clear idea on what this matter is all about.