Interesting Day At The Field

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Geena, May 29, 2016.

By Geena on May 29, 2016 at 6:29 AM
  1. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

My day started off well. I got a few ( four to be exact) warm up flights with the X3, and then I flew the X7 a couple of times. A while later, I flew the NX7 and it was going great until I got into an inverted hover about 4-5 meters off the ground. I heard a pop come from the helicopter, and then the engine died. Flip it over... auto it down...no big deal.
    Until I tried to start it again. Engine is locked up. I suspect the pop I heard was the ring coming apart, but I won`t know for sure until I take it apart. So then I grab the 600n, and as I`m trying to start it, the start shaft breaks.....lol. Today was just not my day for nitro, I guess.
    So I put the nitros away, and finished off my day with the X3 and X7. Got in 10 flights today, and didn`t bring any of them home in shopping bags. So I`ll call that a win.
    I have a new start shaft, which will be installed into the 600 tonight, and I have a brand new YS96SRX with matching 96 power pipe on the way for the NX7. So I`ll go out there tomorrow and do it again. :cool:

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Geena, May 29, 2016.

1. maingeer

maingeer Active Member

how many flight have you done on that motor(nx7)

2. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

On the contrary @Geena, today WAS the day for Nitros! I could smell the vapor from the other side of Europe so i had to come over and find the source. What a pleasant surprise to find the lovely @Geena ripping up the sky! After such a long journey i needed a drink... and nothing washes down better than some lovely Nitro! I will let you figure out what followed.... till we meet again @Geena ! muah ha ha ha....

• Crash Curse Crash Curse x 1
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • List
    3. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

30 or so real flights, not counting the run in flights.
      LOL...It`s all good @Crash Heligod no harm, no foul. That OS engine was just an old 91HZ I had lying around, and my plan was to use that until I got a YS 96SRX for the NX7. You actually helped me yesterday by taking out my engine, because it was the motivation I needed to get the 96 coming. So thank you. :) Also, I didn`t mind that you followed me home from the field. It was nice to hang out and chat face to...um face? But in the future, please don`t try on my clothes. I`m sure it was the blessed nitro you drank which made you do it, but my swim suit is just not your color.

p.s. I took a photo after you passed out. Check it out. :eek:

WP_20160529_001 (575x1024).jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • List
    4. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Lmao!!

5. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

BAH HA HA HA.... lol that is some funny stuff right there! where are you @Crash Heligod ! Hiding in the closet?

6. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhh.... I think he`s WELL out of the closet at this point. ;)