Info Its A Sad Day When

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Oct 19, 2015.

By smakmeharder on Oct 19, 2015 at 9:13 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

My old trex 550e v2 was back online over the weekend. I remember it being really fast and responsive. I threw in a new gensace 5amp pack and flew it..... well i was pretty disappointed. Nothing like i remembered it to be. It was slow - it was un accurate - it was .... well not as i remembered. No mattered how i adjusted things i think the electronics were just not up to it. It has been over a year since it was airborne and my 700 has taken its place as the big heli. I think i have been spoiled with super accurate high torque servos, high powered motors and not to mention the nimble and powerful gobby 380. Times change i suppose... who wants to buy a 550E V2?

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

I can relive your pain @smakmeharder ... Leave it to me, no need to sell!

2. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I can`t really say that about my old 550E V2. It was plenty fast and had lots of power......maybe too much power. I had a problem with it eating main gears in flight, due to the frames flexing. I probably could have gone to the thicker Align frames, or maybe the Fusuno frames. But I sold it instead. Besides, I have four TSA helicopters to keep me busy. :)

3. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

you will find its the electronics.. part of the reason I let my old one go.. tho I its the only heli I regret selling... its amazing how servo's impact the feel of a heli in the air.. especially when you bang it round like you @smakmeharder

4. smakmeharder

Hah yes being a pro sponsored pilot has its benefits for sure @Geena. You allways have great equipment... You are also sponsored as well @Manyc (btw - f3n? You would be good at it!) But in my case the servo arms felt like rubber and my flying has changed alot since i had the old 550 up in the air. Also the motor just did not have the kick i prefer... maybe i need more pitch and steel servo horns. Flying it for the first time yesterday was like revisiting an old friend who you had not seen in years - but that friend has grown old fast...

5. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Slow as it may be, that 550 would probably make a good intermediate model for someone. Had I not already jumped on that 450, I might have had to attempt to talk you out of your 550. :p

6. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

haha I am sure you get a good deal from @ZEN RC he looks after you...

7. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I put the metal align horns on mine and they seemed to help get rid of the mushy feel of the controls. I probably should have kept it and changed the frames to get rid of the flexing there too. It really was a great flying helicopter, and perfect for quick flights after work. Speaking of revisiting old friends. A few months ago, I decided to take the old Dynam E-Razor 450 out for some exercise. For the life of me, I can`t see how I ever learned a thing with the little helicopter. I know it is set up correctly, but it flew like week old butt. But it was fun, and it took me back to days of learning to hover in my back yard. :)

8. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

With mine, I also put in the Lynx thrusted bearing blocks, with the carbon X support.. it stiffened the frame right up... I do miss that heli.. but it did struggle as I pushed it.. ended up putting the 600 boom on it, as well as upping the tail ratio and head speed... DFC head.. all that..

9. smakmeharder

It seems that 6s is not enough for the beasty... but thats part of the attraction I suppose - economical flying at 6s. I will try a few things on it first...see how it goes. I will up the pitch for one and better servo arms.

10. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

I'll update it to version 1.4 for the cgy aswell

11. BeLoWseaLeVeL

BeLoWseaLeVeL Member

your use to a goblin 380 now ,nothing else comes close