News Kyle Stacy Is Coming To Melbourne !!!!

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by smakmeharder, May 27, 2016.

By smakmeharder on May 27, 2016 at 8:19 AM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Thats right! Kyle Stacy is going to be gracing the flying fields in Melbourne during October!

This is exciting news announced and co-ordinated by @zen-rc and will be something for all heli pilots to look out for in the coming months. There is no set place for a venue so provide a vote to give some direction.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

?

What venu would you like to see Kyle Stacy attend

1. MRCHC

31.0%
  2. AFF

17.2%
  3. GMAC

13.8%
  4. Wagga

3.4%
  5. Ararat

34.5%
  6. Others(recommend and i will add)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. State Field

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by smakmeharder, May 27, 2016.

1. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

cant be at Wagga then.. as it says... coming to Melbourne.. :p so has to be MRCHC... just do it during school holidays... then you can get three days... done and done.

2. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

MRCHC, Has ALL of that and more ..., It's Local, It's heli's only, Several fight lines, Toilets, Mains power, Club room's. No offense intended to AFF but why would you want an intentional guest standing in an empty paddock, with no toilet, no club room (Well tiny), no mains power and a noisy generator banging away in the background and very little shelter ... I cant see the sense in it ..

3. maingeer

maingeer Active Member

good pointers there

4. hardsy

hardsy Member

Any update on this??
      I have 2 weekends booked up in October already, and I'm having a hard time fighting the missus off from booking up the remaining two. Just keeping my fingers crossed that it falls on a free weekend!

5. hgnimda

hgnimda Ray - Administrator Staff Member

No update yet that i know of. Mr @ZEN RC will let us know I am sure. I will poke his cage for an update.

6. Murray Wyatt

Murray Wyatt Member

Awe cmon, must be some details out there by now??

7. JakeSutho

JakeSutho New Member

After another absolutely awesome weekend away with the boys at Ararat I would love to see it up there...
      Speaking to a member at the club he would be more than willing to take it to the committee and doesn't see there being an issue holding the event there. I can pass the details on if need be.
      Like I mentioned earlier, getting slightly out of Melbourne forces people to make a weekend of it. I would love to camp on site (where ever the event may be) and be amongst the atmosphere the entire time.
      Although great clubs, I can't see this happening at AFF, MRCHC, (or gmac, marcs, kdmas, or any metro melbourne club) I can see the evening coming, and people calling it a day and heading home. Leaving Kyle to party by himself lol.
      Ararat has the support of the locals and club, a 'Wagga' atosphere, all the while being just under 2 hours from Melbourne, the space is endless and the club layout is the to die for.
      It's what keeps drawing us MARCS gang back every few months. Already can't wait to spend another weekend camping on site and flying all day.
      A pic from last weekend....
      [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    8. JakeSutho

JakeSutho New Member

whipped up a quick field layout comparison so those who have never been to Ararat club can imagine the field...
      Ararat on the left comparing with MRCHC on right.
      Both are same scale.
      flight boxes are 100m x 100m, took a guess, not sure what they are at multi-flight line events normally but gives a rough idea.......

[​IMG]

9. smakmeharder

Nice Jake great comparison... MRCHC has also another two ovals it uses in case its over capacitated (to the north of the map) Nothing has been finalised yet as far as i know..... Is there power/toilets at Ararat? Is there a copycat? (lol sorry)

10. JakeSutho

JakeSutho New Member

Thanks smackme. Ararat has 1 toilet plumbed to a septic fed off rain water. It would be insufficient for an event.
      No mains power but they have a permanent Genny tucked away in a container with power ran to the club house. 8kv I think it is.

Mrchc, you say more flight lines but out of the map to the north?
      I enjoy getting out there occasionally and flying with the guys out there but the layout seems very fragmented for an event.
      I've been the the solstice events the boys put on and they're a great day. But you struggle to see the flight lines from the club house, pilot tents and vendor tents.
      Fine for an annual get together bbq fly chat type deal, but for an international guest putting on a show, a flight line that can be seen from everywhere would've been preferable i thought.
      Toilets can be hired, field layout is a bit trickier to change.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

11. smakmeharder

Yes MRCHC opened up two football field-sized flight lines to the north as well. There is power at both fields, though the football oval is just two external powerpoints. I use the fields quite often. You can always find a position without the sun in your face and always accommodate different wind directions.