Help MCPX BL Tail Issues

Discussion in 'Blade Heli's' started by smakmeharder, Mar 16, 2014.

By smakmeharder on Mar 16, 2014 at 11:28 AM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Why oh why are there so many issues with the tail stopping mid flight on my helicopter. I have change MB i have changed the tail motor a few times, but for some reason at random intervals the tail just.... stops. Drives me NUTS. If it were not for the tail issue i would fly the shiz out of this heilicopter... Anyone got some suggestions or fixes?

Comments

Discussion in 'Blade Heli's' started by smakmeharder, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I've found that if your doing moves one way it's fine and will do the pausing thing the other... I believe it's to do with the tail being fixed pitch... what ever move your doing try the opposite direction and see what happens...

I can do inverted funnels to the left and it's fine..you the right... tail stops and starts all over the shop...

Citizen#024

2. smakmeharder

When it pauses though it spins out of control....... and usually hits the deck. Does that happen to yours?

3. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Ahh.. Yeah that did happen.... I know I changed the tail motor... and I may have changed the main one as well... your sure what you seeing is not the main motor dying? Is it spinning to the right or left when it goes in?

Citizen#024

4. smakmeharder

Nah its not the main motor, i can hold the heli in my hands and it will stop at random and make a whistling noise ie like the windings in the motor oscilating due to the frequency. You know its also a bit strange because the problem worsened with a larger tail rotor. If the tail rotor is smaller it seems to do it less. I really wish i could find out the issue. I dont crash that much (hope crash isnt listening) but the tail motor stopping usually results in a bad accident.

5. 5Fidy

5Fidy RIP Jason

My friends i had simmilar issues with the tail on mine.
      The remedy in fixing my heli was going down to the hobby shop
      and just buying a bloody new one. problem solved no more
      tail issues no more unwanted crashes and most of all
      NO MORE HEADACHES............lol

6. smakmeharder

Okay I Fixed it!.. It only needed a motor replacement. But things to note! If you let your tail motor get too hot it will fuse the windings. Thats what happened to my motor.