Mode 1 Vs Mode 2.. The War Continues!

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, May 28, 2014.

By smakmeharder on May 28, 2014 at 1:00 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

So ok... Now we have seen some exceptional pilots using Mode 1! (Ducan Bossion) So maybe Mode1 is better for advanced maneuvers? Maybe Mode 1 is better all round? So what you think? Dont tell me - oh yes it depends on the pilot and for me if feels right bla bla bla... No. I want to know from a scientific viewpoint why mode 1 may be better than mode 2!

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, May 28, 2014.

1. smakmeharder

WOW really! thats amazing @Stephen . I flew Mode 1 for one year and then changed and my heligod I found it hard. It was like learning to fly all over again!

2. beenflying

beenflying Member

Interesting thread. I fly mode 1 because when I started flying planes, everyone flew mode 1. Later when I got into helis, I just stuck with mode 1. I thought about changing when I got back into the hobby in 2009, but stuck with mode 1, as I was still flying planes, as well. I've kinda regretted not changing, as I feel it took me longer to do my first piro flip, and I felt it would have been easier using mode 2. Too late for me now, but good to read so many are also mode 1 pilots. :)

3. smakmeharder

Once you get the piroflip i dont think it matters. Having flown both modes, i thought the same when in mode 1. I saw a mode 2 guy pirofliping - stir the stick, up and down the collective - easy.. But actually its not. You always have to look at the helicopter and fly the Heli through the maneuver. I reckon its just as hard either way. Its just easier to visualize with mode 2 in the beginning, but once you understand the maneuver, I feel the mode becomes irrelevant.

4. beenflying

beenflying Member

Yes, I think you're right. I couldn't imagine changing now. Controlling the heli in a piro has become automatic, especially in one direction. Still working on the other...

5. smakmeharder

Even though i changed, i still feel i could do everything I do in mode 2 in mode 1. So stay resolved and stay confident in the knowledge Mode 1 is fine.

6. beenflying

beenflying Member