Msh Brain Ask Radar?

Discussion in 'MSH Brain - iKon' started by Radar, Mar 20, 2014.

By Radar on Mar 20, 2014 at 9:15 PM
  1. Radar

Radar Moderator Staff Member

Hi Guys, if anyone has any questions about the Brain I am happy to help. I have been using now for awhile and have gotten rid of all my VBars and loving the Brain.

Comments

Discussion in 'MSH Brain - iKon' started by Radar, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Collie_Farmer

Collie_Farmer Active Member

That raises another question for me is it better to run the ikon gov from a Telemetry unit..or just a rpm sensor...I just ordered the hobby king sensor.. I dont trust hobby king but everyone's saying it works good.
      thank you again for all the help radar

2. Collie_Farmer

You are yalking about the governor gain right..

3. Radar

Yep sensor is the best and the hobby wing is one of the best Lol! I am using the hobby wing with a Hawk until my Castle comes back. CC is the best for the iKon gov set up as you don't need to rev up the Heli on the bench.

4. Radar

Yep gov gain on the CC link. Correct!

5. Collie_Farmer

Thanls for the info radar..you are the MAN!!! thank you for putting up this section of the forum

6. Collie_Farmer

7. Collie_Farmer

So I got tje hobby wing rpm sensor for the ikon gov..but reading instructions it says the lead that goes to fbl unit need 3.3 - 5.0v ...si have a bec running to unit at 6v to get rhe best out of my servos...does the ikon unit automatically drop down to 5v at the gov port???
      Also I bought the bluetooth connection. .can I leave the BT unit plugged at all time or do I need to onlu plug it in while using it??
      Thank you for the help

8. jockstrap

jockstrap Active Member

Here's a tough one...

Where can I send back a used Brain V1 that's reverse polarity fried? I purchased it 2nd hand and don't know the original dealer it came from???

Do I stand any luck of getting a replacement?

9. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I would love to know this as well... seeing I pretty much did the same thing to mine pretty much standing next to radar..

I just bought a new one... but please radar let us know... :)

Citizen#024

10. Collie_Farmer

Radar my prevous questions where answered...man I love the ikon..you can leave bluetooth connected and it makes tuning so easy.. just land throw on table turn app on adjust turn app off and take back off...and rpm sensor is fine with 6v running to the ikon. .I dont know about running no bec for hv application. ..I threw the beastx down got a ikon and never lookin back

11. Radar

Hey guys glad you are all enjoying the Heli Gods and this thread. In answer to where you guys can return so burnt out units, I spoke with the boys from ARKRC today as they are the MSH dealer here in AUS.

The units can be returned there even if they were not purchased from ARKRC but you will need to show prof of purchase and must be under 1 year old and the MSH warranty only last for year. Hope that helps and good luck guys

12. jockstrap

jockstrap Active Member

Thanks Radar...

But, hmmm, if I had the receipt then i'd probably know the supplier and hence no original issue..

Unfortunately, I've had this 2nd hand one for about 6 months so the original owner probably had it a while before that and so over 1 yr...
      would be nice if MSH could tell the age by serial number...

The fact you have proof of purchase should be irrelevant as if you have the physical device then it was purchased by "someone" at least... :(

Anyway - it probably rules my luck out .. thanks for looking into it for us anyway, I appreciate the effort..

13. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Seeing ARK don't give receipts this is convenient....let me check the date of purchase of mine....

:)

Citizen#024

14. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Dang... bought 27th Jan 2013...

Citizen#024

15. Radar

Manyc you should have received an email of your receipt if not I am sure they will sort it for you.

16. Collie_Farmer

so I maxed the tail precomp..did a little but still far from fixed.. what tail gain would help with this situation for future knowledge .. until I can get advise on what tail gains do what , I am going to go with the recommendation I have been reading for months and get larger set of landing gear and 105mm tail blades .. this is huge problem with align 600E pro dfc , the tail gear ratio seems to be messed due to the switched it from mod 0.6 to mod 0.8 and all the problems started .. and the tail swap seems to have the best results . without spending a lot to do the mod0.6 modification
      thank you for taking time out of your day to help us radar

17. Collie_Farmer

ok so I just bought the full spectrum telemetry unit , does this plug into the bind/data port on the ikon for power supply like on the ar7200bx..and how do I use the same rpm sensor for telemetry and ikon gov, anyone who can help would be apreciated

18. Collie_Farmer

so I contacted ikon & spectrum.. I was told by both of them not to run telemetry on ikon...after a lot of research there are people getting it to work with ALOT of sketchy mods im not willing to do.. spektrum telemetry will work on the ar7200bx due to it has a bind/data plug to power and share info..im am not going to running it now but I did do a huge anount of research so if anyone has any questions feel free to ask me im sure I can answer for you

19. z0m8i3

z0m8i3 New Member

Hi Radar, Just a quick question, am I doing this correctly to set up the Gyro Gain: Set it at 45% as directed in the software, keep flying and upping the gain until I get tail wag. Once I have tail wag I back the gain down by 1 3rd of the total gain?. If this is the right way of setting up the tail then I have been screwing up because I've only been dropping the gain down by a few percent not 1/3rd!.

20. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

I think as well @Manyc can help you too! He is pretty good with the brain!