Info My New Trainer

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by iggy, Mar 16, 2016.

By iggy on Mar 16, 2016 at 8:45 PM
  1. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Hi guys

I have not been active for a while here as I moved back to Zurich Switzerland. Last evening I bought a used Oxy 3 in good condition. Its been used the hard way but hey.. I will not handle it very carefull either haha!

Setup:

Standard Kit with 255mm Zeal
    Lynx EOX 2222 motor on 4s
    KST DS215MG servos all around 5.5V
    YEP 60A esc (YGE copy)
    Still hunting a used Brain FBL

I will strech this little bastard to 285mm and get some more lipo packs. It will be my every day try out some new tricks horse. If it kisses the field Crash Helidevil can laugh with me :)

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Crash Immunity Crash Immunity x 1
    • List

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by iggy, Mar 16, 2016.

1. maingeer

maingeer Active Member

+1 One DSMX sat will do Iggy. Just make sure the antennas are not touching any thing, especially carbon.

Very nice looking stretch.

Please let us know the AUFW

Wish I could build helis just as fast. :(

2. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Thanks man. AUFW will be 770g with a 1600mah 4S.

3. Black Knight

Black Knight New Member

I can't wait for you to throw up a vid @iggy, it's looking very tidy

4. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Yeah man - maiden flight tomorrow!! :) Cant wait.. Video will come when the Brain unit is dialed in.

Cheers

5. Black Knight

Black Knight New Member

Good stuff, can't wait to see it. I hope everything goes well on your maiden :)

6. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

MAIDEN FLIGHT SUCCESSFUL!!! :)

First of... This thing is loud. Very loud for a 300 class heli! It makes some nasty noise out of that Little canopy yelling "Im a little big one!!". Heaps of power on 4S and the stretch kit makes it very stable even in windy condition. The collective pop is insane and it flyes very straight lines. The "300 class" preset in the Brain software seems to be pretty good.

The only bad thing in the beginning was the tail.. Well I started with 42% gain and after the first pitch pump it started to oscillate very hard and I had to land and try again and again. Went down to 21% or something and allready did some Flips, inverted hoovering and flying. I couldnt let it be LOL :). As some more lipos are on the way i had only two flights of 4 minutes. But I will go to the field again in the afternoon after checking the mechanics and screws.

The Oxy 3 seems to be something really special. Such a sweet little heli - but it feels better to me than my Align TRex 500 Pro I had with BX. Cant wait to get some more lipos and a better feeling for it to smack it around! Parts are available for the next 2-3 years and are cheap. Lipos are cheap. Charging goes fast. You can take this heli with you wherever you want. What more could you wish?

Cheers

7. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Two more flights in! This heli is soooo much fun!! Cant believe. I tried out some tricks and it tracks well. Still had a few seconds of hard tail oscillation after a hard maneuver and reduced the tail gain again. Now Im at 19% with the tail gain... thats not much. But maybe smaller heli need less tail gain I dont know. Never had this size but I can only recommend the Oxy. What a little power machine. It takes the wind easily.

8. Black Knight

Black Knight New Member

Well stop teasing us @iggy and get a little vid up ;)

9. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Sounds like you are loving this thing.... How does it Tick Tock? I have no doubt it will handle the wind well.

10. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Yes I am. After six flights man, because I can allready fly it better then my G570. Its much smaller and It doesent scare me to just fly like on the sim. But I think it will help me a lot to smack the Goblin the same way very soon.

Tictocs? No problem. I have a slight tail kick there but its just the 300 class preset programmed in the Brain unit. Need to tune it out with tail precomp. and I have ordered some 50mm tail blades to replace the 47mm.

With the stretch kit it has actually some hang time in tocs. :) I didnt expect it to be that precise. You can fly it very smooth and controlled.

The best thing about is the size. You can put it under you car seat and always have it with you. Four lipo packs will find a place in your jacket.

11. iggy

iggy Well-Known Member

Well, here we go with de Video @Black Knight :D

Look at the TicTocs @smakmeharder. No problem. This little bee can do everything.

I tuned the Brain a bit better but still see some details to tune better. 50mm tail blades arrived after this flight. Will check them out tomorrow.

Enjoy :)

12. Black Knight

Black Knight New Member

Awesome @iggy, thats some great flying there. Really impressive stuff, sick little machine :)