My Weekend.

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Geena, Oct 27, 2014.

By Geena on Oct 27, 2014 at 11:23 AM
  1. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I am completely wiped out after this weekend`s helicopter event. The Triple Creek Fall Helicopter Classic. The event was not as big as it was last time, but it was still an amazing weekend. There was an F3C competition going on on the west end of the field, and open sport and 3D flight at the flight stations on the main runway. I burned almost two gallons of the holy 30% nitro, and I was offered by the guys at Bavarian Demon, to try out one of their FBL systems....which is still on my helicopter. After flying it for a few flights, I had to have it..LOL. I even won a whole case of Cool Power helicopter fuel in the pilot raffle.

To top it all off...@CrashHeligod was nowhere to be found this weekend. NO crashes at all, and everyone took their machines home in one piece. :)

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Geena, Oct 27, 2014.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Awesome @Geena, I am looking at the Bavarian Demon, looking for something that will offer the type of feel that I want. Your becoming quite well known now from what i hear! great work. The reason @Crash Heligod could not be found at your field was because he was having a rampage at our fields! No mercy whatsoever - he trashed three 700s (i i mean TRASHED) and several other smaller offerings as well. Everyone is ducking for cover back here lol....I was lucky, i only broke one skid on my goblin but he was definitely on my case as well

2. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the havoc that the evil one has cast onto you guys. It`s never a good thing when a 700 gets trashed. Danny helped me install/set up the Bavarian Demon yesterday, and I am really liking it so far. It took us about 5 flights to get it to fly the way I wanted to, but it was fun getting it there. I only have about 15 flights on it since yesterday afternoon, but I think once I get it dialed in tuned the way I want it...it`s going to be a great unit. The first thing I noticed about it, is the tail is rock solid. I still have a very minimal cyclic wobble on hard stops, but I`m going to start working that out tomorrow after work. Now I need to get one for the other TSA, and one for the Goblin. :D

3. smakmeharder

When I hear "Hard Stops" without weird interactions I listen. The feel that i am after is a very quick and loose but very controlled. Its a contradiction in terms. But when I adjust my gyro to be really loose, thats cool but it often blows through the trick when I perform them fast. So I need hard stops but when i crank up the gain to suit i end up with oscilations and fast piroflips become an issue. Such a conundrum. I want it all...lol

4. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

flybar...

5. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I still have all of my flybars. I bent them into hooks, and I use them to hang tool on. ;)

6. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

well seeing @smakmeharder wants it all.. I think he needs to go back to flybar.. surely it was better in those days....

7. smakmeharder

LOL..@geena! good call.. Oh @Manyc I dont know if you have flown a flybar before? I think they were just before your time... but flybar can be consistent but does not fly as well IMO as a good fbl gyro. Less weight in the head, longer flight times, faster response and if crash visits you setting up the head is a night mare... lol. Nah, give that a miss....

8. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

My first heli was flybar... it was my only fly bar heli

9. smakmeharder

What was it?

10. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

The venerable... blade 450 3D.. yeah baby.. I over powered that to the wazzo.. Scorpion 2221-6, hitec 65MG Servo's... had to mod the mounting plate and what not... zeejays were flipping out saying no one had ever done it.. edge carbon blades, carbon paddles.... dubro prop balanced the entire head... it was a machine.. but would give enough pitch for me.. so sold it to a mate.. who crashed it in 2 flights..

Went from that to the mini protos...

11. smakmeharder

LOL,... Yes i remember but did not remember it as flybar..! you don't do things by halves..... lol

12. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

Awesome @Gina, I sense a sponsorship on the horizon... :)

13. Freeko

Freeko Member

Nice Geena! HC/BD is all I fly ;)

14. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

After the talk I had with Danny this weekend, it seems BD is all I`ll be flying now too. :cool:

15. Freeko

Freeko Member

All the BD guys are fantastic. I was hooked after my first one and their support is tip top. Originally got one to compare to vbar and ended up outfitting my fleet! Lol