Info New Blade 230s

Discussion in 'Blade Heli's' started by Beaver, Jul 17, 2015.

By Beaver on Jul 17, 2015 at 2:33 AM
  1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Comments

Discussion in 'Blade Heli's' started by Beaver, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Ozzy Mozzy

Ozzy Mozzy Well-Known Member

Although some that have reported this also say that once it's spooled up and past 50% throttle its ok and flys well....

2. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Right, but seems like the thing would try to tip-over before 50% throttle. Weird.

3. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Uh..... yeah. This swash plate problem is beginning to be an issue, even after people calling HH for tech support and not getting viable solutions. (Reset procedures...etc) I had a strange feeling there would be an issue.... my reason to sit back and watch what happens.

4. Ozzy Mozzy

Ozzy Mozzy Well-Known Member

Yeah same here...... and now ill sit back longer, see what happens!!

5. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I posed the question earlier- "Do they check these things before they box em up?". Someone replied flat-out: "Nope". If they are already having quality control issues, then it stands to reason that answer may be correct.

6. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I think I'll pass on this one. For the same money, I can get a 450 clone RTF setup from HK ......... although it's a foregone conclusion that I would need to inspect it with heavy scrutiny and probably add some genuine Align parts be for flying it. I would just rather not get another heli with direct-drive tail.

7. Bill_Van

Bill_Van New Member

Thought I'd jump in and give my impressions on the 230S..... I have 2, the first one was setup pretty well out of the box. Needed minor adjustment that a trim flight solved and is now rock solid. The second one was a handful and to a beginner would be considered defective. I solved it by doing a basic trim flight while tied to the floor then a live trim flight which made it fly as good as the first 230S. Probably safe to say that they are assembled with no tuning. If there is any tuning, it's not very good. So, if you are a beginner, you might get a good one that is ARF or you could get one that will eat your lunch! Overall, I'm pleased with the performance/price.

8. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be a big deal to me to have to make some adjustments if I bought one, but being RTF or BNF I shouldn't have to.... but that's only opinion. I can see how the problem could be annoying if not unnerving to a beginner. The Tech Support guys at HH must have earned their pay this month.