Rainy Stormy Weather

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Geena, Aug 2, 2015.

By Geena on Aug 2, 2015 at 10:51 AM
  1. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

Today was a gloomy, rainy, sunless day. Did it stop us from flying? Nope! We ( my friend Ryan and I) braved the heavy rain, the hard blowing wind and getting drenched by the rain which blew into the shelter at the flying club. The other club members left as soon as they heard thunder in the distance, we refused to let summer thunderstorms ruin our party.

We each got a total of 8 flights, despite the adverse conditions. We were at the field from about 9AM, and we didn`t leave until it was too dark to fly anymore. Had it not rained, our flight count would have been much higher, but had a great time anyway. :)

WP_20150801_009 (1024x729).jpg WP_20150801_029 (1024x764).jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Geena, Aug 2, 2015.

1. MickyD

MickyD Well-Known Member

Nice! Love the TSA model.

2. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

Hardcore @Geena hardcore !

3. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

HEY awesome stuff @Geena! thats what makes the difference! its great when you fly in conditions like that and really slam it. Makes you appreciate the calmer days so much more but also means you dont worry so much about the weather knowing you can fly in anything!!! Keep clocking up those flights!

4. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

It was definitely a different experience. I mean, I have flown on rainy days on many occasions...but that was by far the worst one. Still not going to back down though, and I have added a few 30 gallon trash bags to my tool box. So if it happens again, I can slide them over my helicopters to keep the electronics dry. I would have put them back in the car, but the car was waaaaay out in the parking lot.....LOL Its going to be sunny and clear today, so the boys and I are heading to the field as soon as the last bell sounds at work. :)

5. smakmeharder

Ahhh sunshine! Your lucky @Storm Heligod is smiling upon you then. Over here @Storm Heligod decided to tease us a bit today. My friend called me at lunchtime today and said "come on down to the field and burn through a few packs". As i was driving down to the field the sun was beaming - it was warm. As soon as i got out of the car and loaded a pack in the heli a dark cloud descended upon us. I put the heli up in the air and two minutes later winds and rain started to pelt down - daym! Had to land and go back home! Nice that you can fly today @Geena!

6. smakmeharder

Love that photo, is a really good shot.

7. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

Thanks :) Photography is my first love, and I have been doing it since I was 8 years old. Wish I`d been flying helicopters that long...LOL I took both of those photos with my phone, when we were at the field Saturday. It was coming down in buckets when I took the one of the water drops. We couldn`t even see the flight line, and it was only about 10 meters from where we were standing. Fun times though. My boys did not show up to fly today, but I went out and put in five flights by myself before the afternoon storms came. :D

8. smakmeharder

Ha ha... thats the way! keep pumping through those packs! How are the piroflips coming along?

9. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

They`re coming along...slowly.LOL Those things are hart to do. I have been flying for going on five years, and I am just now getting the hang of them. My friend, who flew with me on Saturday, got a video of me doing some.....but he has not posted it yet. :rolleyes: If you promise not to laugh ( too much...hahahaha) at my piro flipping attempts...I`ll post the link when he uploads the video.. :D

10. smakmeharder

I promise I would not laugh, infact I like watching how people are performing piroflips so I can try to offer some tips. I can usually see what's going on. The thing with a piroflip, it depends so much on subconscious control - ie things are happening so quick that you cant think for any period of time, you just have to react in the right way. I was always fascinated with the trick and believe it opens the door to perform many other technical tricks. When i perform piroflips I become so engaged - its a great feeling. I am intuitive on left tail, still uncomfortable on right tail.

11. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I do them left rudder as well. I won`t even consider trying right rudder though, until I can do them left with no problems. Then I will start learning right rudder.