Info Scorpion Esc Woes

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Geena, Sep 21, 2014.

By Geena on Sep 21, 2014 at 7:59 AM
  1. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

So......I`m at the field today with a fellow helicopter pilot, waiting for the rain to stop. As we were waiting in the pilot house, he asked me to charge a few packs for him, and go over his Goblin 570...to make sure he had it set up right. Which he did.

The rain finally stopped after about an hour, and we ventured over to the flight line. He did the maiden flight on his 570, and then I started getting mine ready to fly. I put the packs in, turned everything on, and plugged in the ESC. Here is where my woes kick in. Instead of getting the two beeps to signal the ESC had armed, I get the no signal from receiver tones. I think....what the heck? I tried to get it to work for about 45 minutes before giving up and pulling out my trusty nitro machine.

I get home a few hours later, and get the 570 on the bench for some "exploratory surgery" What do I find? Apparently, when I was setting the CG with my second battery tray yesterday...I unplugged the servo extension I had to put on the throttle cable from the ESC to the receiver. Which caused the no throttle signal.

I completely rerouted the throttle wire, and put a dab of shoe goo on the plug so that can`t happen again. I felt pretty stupid, but thankful at the same time. Better to have that happen on the start table, than in the air.

Tomorrow is another day, and I plan to give the 570 a good workout.

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by Geena, Sep 21, 2014.

1. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

It's always the simple things. Look foreard to a flight vid of that bad boy :)

2. lowey79

lowey79 Member

For that very reason, I now heatshrink all servo extension connectors. Thenthey cant be pulled apart with out cutting the heatshrink off.

3. Jeff_Bradley

Jeff_Bradley Well-Known Member

Do you know you can buy servo extension wires with a clip harness that locks the joint. Just sayin;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. feral

feral Well-Known Member

From where man

5. Jeff_Bradley

Jeff_Bradley Well-Known Member

Where else but from you friendly online retailer.

6. lowey79

lowey79 Member

A shameless plug... Love it! :)

7. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

I have some plastic ones that clip over both plugs...

8. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Yes lucky it was not in the air... I have had a similar thing happen a couple of times where the crimp conncetor inside the reciever to ESC plug some how becomes unclipped from the plug housing, works it way backwards until the plug is no longer connected to the mating connector, then all of a sudden nothing whlle in full scream flight. It was not fun finding that one out, trashed my 550...

9. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

I rerouted the wires, gooped the plug up with shoe goo, and then stuck it to the frame way above the batteries so it won`t happen again. I just had it in a bad place, so the end of the rear battery was able to hit it, and separate the plugs. It`s in there so tight now, that I may need dynamite to get it loose now...LMBO.

10. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

11. Fredo

Fredo Well-Known Member

10629828_356544954503068_2899471061474184997_n.jpg 10659267_356544927836404_4113179989327242227_n.jpg Well done Geena