Notice Soko Pitch Gauge – New Angle On Setup!

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by HeliGods, Aug 20, 2014.

By HeliGods on Aug 20, 2014 at 11:12 PM
  1. HeliGods

HeliGods Mark - Administrator Staff Member

Soon to utilize smart phone application.

[​IMG]

New Zealand company Soko has a wonderful tool on the market for setting up the pitch on your helicopter. This gyro based device gives you a very accurate pitch reading on an digital display to make sure you get the best setup out of your helicopter. It mounts in the blade grips, and this keeps you away from a level table.

This one gauge works from micros to full sizes 800 class. This gives you 1 tool for all blade sizes. Well thought out instructions teach you the simplistic features this pitch gauge provides.

Soon to be released, Soko will provide you with a smart phone application to guide you through the setup process. If you are a current Soko owner, no need for extra hardware to use the application.

Features

• One tool pitch gauge for all your helicopters.
    • Digital display for easy reading
    • Gyro based
    • Easy no hassle setup
    • Smart phone App tool

For more information on Soko click here.

Continue reading...

Comments

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by HeliGods, Aug 20, 2014.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Well I know @The Dude has a laser level and when its used to set up the heli you noticea a very big difference in the feel and control of the chopper...

2. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

I have one of these. Very accurate....

3. helladies

helladies Active Member

Looks like this is also on my list of things to buy! Finally, a gyro based tool... It's about time. My RC Logger was way too sensitive and inconsistent, but I winded up settling for imperfection due to mere frustration of how off it was.

This will make my life easier and seems to make the heli perform that much better...

@Stuart .. Have you had anything setup without this tool before that? If, so do you feel a big difference when using this tool to setup?

Thanks

4. Stuart

Stuart Active Member

I setup my first build last year a TREX 500 using a standard digital pitch gauge. I haven't done a complete build with it yet only partial. I did the perfectly centre main shaft with it as I used the mounting mode where you attach it to the head, just unscrew the head stopper on the TREX and mount the Soko. That was cool. I just followed the instructional videos. It worked great.

I didn't complete the setup with it as I was setting up a CGY750 for the first time and @The Dude completed the last part of the setup at his house.

Once I worked out how to mount it, it's easy to use. Next build will be soko all the way.