New Steady 700 F3c Fuselage For Raptor E700

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Firstlady1985, Jun 17, 2014.

By Firstlady1985 on Jun 17, 2014 at 8:53 PM
  1. Firstlady1985

Firstlady1985 Member

Hi guys!
    Maybe most of you are not so much into F3C flying (me neither) but this fuselage deserves a look :)
    Let me tell you a bit about it:
    Uwe Kiesewetter (a multiple german F3C champion) was building his own F3C fuselage last year. He used a lot of techniques from Formula1 and car manufacturing to get the best aerodynamic features. So every curve and every hole has its meaning and serves for getting a fuselage which flies incredibly neutral in every direction.
    So Uwe did the fuselage form but he didnt have a design. He started a small design competition where I also joined, just or fun. I never did a design for a complete body and I did a design which was very NON-F3C. I won the competition (never thought of that) and so Uwe now flies my design in different colour schemes on a lot of events (and wins quite a lot). At the bottom you will find some pics of the original draft and the finished real body.

Patrick Magnus from Heli-Center-Berlin (a german shop which is producing canopies, tail boom covers and scale fuselages) was manufacturing the Steady fuselage for Uwe. He started to sell the body with a typical F3C sticker design to all costumers in the world who wanted to have a body like that. It fits for JR / RAVE and for the Raptor E700. Nick Maxwell, for example also flies one.

He asked me to do a special design for the steady, as Uwe didnt want anybody else to fly "his" design. So I began again my work "How to make a cool looking heli out of this bit fat fuselage" and I guess I quite succeeded :) The new design is called "Blue Carbon" and is especieally made for the Raptor Version (for that reason the big TT logo and the Raptor text is on the body).

Since about 2 weeks I also have one of those bodys and its quite beautiful. It looks like a little racer and I am so excited to fly a machine in reality which I was designing and drawing on the PC :)

It comes in a kit with all needed parts to change the Raptor heli a bit (now you can plug the battery in from the front). The whole process is finished in about 2 hours and quite simple.

I already did some flights and it is very strange to fly such a big thing smooth and slow 3D. But I really like it. It looks different but the aerodynamics are so well done that you dont feel that it is so huge.

A young cameraman and very talented video artist is right now cutting a promotion video for Heli-Center-Berlin which I will post here as soon as its finished. It will be great I am shure. Until then you will have to wait but I will sweeten you the time with some pictures ;)

Attached Files:

Comments

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Firstlady1985, Jun 17, 2014.

1. mr_squiggle

mr_squiggle Well-Known Member

Very well done! Excellent looking product well presented. It'll be interesting to see how many appear around the fields.

Citizen #186

2. Firstlady1985

Firstlady1985 Member

Glad you like it. I wrote in the video decription that is has english subtitles. Just click on the small CC icon below the video.

3. mr_squiggle

mr_squiggle Well-Known Member

I automatically got the subtitles with no need to click on anything.

Citizen #186

4. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

Sorry i did not see that, thanks