Build Thread The Copter X Files

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by Beaver, Dec 20, 2015.

By Beaver on Dec 20, 2015 at 6:27 AM
  1. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Comments

Discussion in 'Other Brands' started by Beaver, Dec 20, 2015.

1. The Informer

The Informer Administrator

When you get this flying right @Beaver it will be worthy of Heligods News!

2. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

The CX450SE-V3 had been flying right for the most part... concurrent crash damage leading to servo failure is usually the negative factor in that equasion.... blame that on thumbs. It will be back in the air very soon!
      The newly acquired Blade 450-3D is the "problem child" right now, but it will be set right soon enough. :D
      BTW..... what are you flying these days?

3. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

..... and it's back. Waiting for a chance to test it. :D IMG_20160623_042033052.jpg

4. The Informer

The Informer Administrator

Well @Crash Heligod has taken all my helicopters and stashed them in his heligraveayard. Every time i get myself a model @Crash Heligod confiscates it and says that i need to produce descent news before i am allowed to fly. The only model he has not taken is my pride and joy shown below... Its cheap to run - I just stare at it and dream...

[​IMG]

5. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

Re your DS919MG servo upgrade, please check the following before flying. I was reading your post where you said it seemed like there was no control and the heli continued to drift right. It made me think... what happened if you had a power drop due to bec overload and the transmission was lost to the fbl. If that's the case when you fly next using the even higher torque servos you might have the same thing occur. So... i would recommend spooling up your heli with no blades.... switch off the transmitter. What happens? Does the heli keep the engine powered up? are the servos stuck in the same position? If so then that might be the cause of your original problem - ie the receiver has lost signal some how - either due to power fluctuation or something else. Your failsafe should depower the heli so it falls to the ground....

6. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I've been pretty thorough in going over the BEC awhile back. It's at 5.5V 3A with 5A surge capacity, and I installed 4400uF worth of capacitance and double BEC leads to the Kbar. Heli was under power till I cut the throttle switch, then it shut down immediately..... then dropped on the roof. IMG_20160311_014627786.jpg

7. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I can only imagine how difficult it must be to fly a heli anyway...... since you have no thumbs. Muppets don't have thumbs..... right?

8. maingeer

maingeer Active Member

May be he is like Markus Chelios, uses fingers to fly. Much faster apparently???

9. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

A
      Ah yes..... Someone posted that last year.

10. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

It's nice to be able to fly inverted again. :D

11. smakmeharder

So how does it feel? Precise?

12. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

The response is good on the cyclic again. There's a nasty tail vibe, but it's probably tail blades.... easy fix. :D

13. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

The FS-TH9X radio arrived today while I was away at the gig. Now I need to scavenge a high output DSM2 or DSMX module from one of my old radios.
      I'll be a week learning how to work the menu to program this crazy thing! :eek:
      ..... but when it's ready, I'll have full control of K-Bar or Fly-bar. :D IMG_20160626_240751757.jpg

14. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Ha! I finally figured out how to assign a channel to adjust tail gain on both the CX450 and the B450 while on the fly! The problem was more problematic with the B450 because I couldn't seem to get the tail gyro locked in properly before. It's all good now. :D

15. smakmeharder

Really? So your gyro is all good?... Hey I have a DX8 here which i seldom use. It gave me problems in the past but it was due to dirty trimpots. I just use my futaba now. If your interested let me know we could work something out...

16. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Thanks, but I just started using this new FS-TH9X (9-channel) little more than a week ago. It works great! I'm just getting used to the computerized programming functions..... it's my first computer Tx and I converted it to DSM2 to work with my birds. I was even able to revive the NanoCPx that wasn't working with the old DX4e anymore. 5 models programmed in now, I still have some minor fine-tuning to do. The important thing is that it's new, and it does everything I need it to do. :D IMG_20160626_240751757.jpg

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
    17. smakmeharder

Cool no problems at all! A good transmitter as you have discovered makes a world of difference.

18. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

50Kph wind (30mph) is a trip! I didn't want to do it, but with no sign of it letting up anytime soon, I did it anyway.
      So the tail did okay with the variable gain adjustment. Swash gain might have been a bit too hot... seemed somewhat twitchy despite the rates still on the low side. ..... or it could have just been the wind. :rolleyes:

19. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I didn't mention that the CX450 went down after that last post...... chalk it up to overly aggressive cyclic rate.
      Since I just put the B450 in the dirt and don't have the necessary spare parts for it, I'll be putting the CX450SE back in order since I have just enough parts to pull it off.... and upload the previous setup back to the K-Bar. :rolleyes:

20. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

It's good to work in a well equipped shop. This tail boom had a nice bend in it before I straightened it..... Good as new.
      WP_20160720_001.jpg