Notice Using Illegitimate Clones Has Consequences.

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by HungryHungryHippos, Jun 4, 2015.

By HungryHungryHippos on Jun 4, 2015 at 8:00 AM
  1. HungryHungryHippos

HungryHungryHippos Well-Known Member

Comments

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by HungryHungryHippos, Jun 4, 2015.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. ScottE

ScottE Active Member

Interesting .. they got onto to it very early this time ..

2. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

It would be silly for them to be blind sided again...

3. Overspeed

Overspeed Member

Its good they are protecting their IP.

I have to admit, I did try a k-bar out to see if how it compared to beast-x.
      I sold it and went all in with vbar and v-control... and Im sure there are others out there who tested a k-bar and moved to the real thing

4. Mr Bling

Mr Bling Active Member

Well it will only be temporary unfortunately. Its really hard to stop with the laws in the Asian countries. As long as they allow no penalty for copyright/IP, wherever there is money to be made - things will be copied. They will figure a way around it.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    5. ScottE

ScottE Active Member

I guess the best they can do is stop it updating like they did with kbar etc ...

6. Min

Min Well-Known Member

They said they are making changes to the pc software so I'm guessing it will check if its a legit vbar and maybe even brick it if it's not.

7. ScottE

ScottE Active Member

Nice ! I like your thinking min .. I had a vitus written when I used todo pc repairs etc .. 'carnt pay you for 2 weeks' ok .. after thst time the pc wouldnt boot ( bootstrap virus ) lol

8. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

did anyone manage to clone the ikon? I see HK are selling the original unit...

9. Mr Bling

Mr Bling Active Member

Are you allowed to intentionally damage another product? It would be a good way to prevent use of their software but I am not sure of the legal consequence.

10. ScottE

ScottE Active Member

Illegal software on the unit so .. open slather

11. HungryHungryHippos

If the PC software bricks another product, it will be the end users own doing. Mikado could argue, it would be like a user trying to program a YGE ESC with Castle Creations software.

12. mr_squiggle

mr_squiggle Well-Known Member

Good on Mikado for protecting their IP I reckon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    13. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

Illegitimate clones are a sad thing...... they may never know the test-tubes that conceived them.
      All jokes aside- I applaud Mikado. That sort of asio-undermining has gone unchecked far too long.

14. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    15. simon

simon Well-Known Member

frack Kbar and the clones
      Simon

16. HungryHungryHippos

17. utrinque

Threads like this actually promote clones.

You can say bad things about theft of intelectual property. All this is true.

Many pilots just do not want to pay rediculous prices. They read reviews and find that quality of clone FBL gyros is very good.

One of my friends has many V Bars. He finally put Kbar in his 450 and told me he likes it more than old mini V Bar.

Firmware is the same but Chinese can use newer, better MEMS sensors (e.g. IvenSense).

[​IMG]

I repeated many times no one would consider clones if prices of original gyros were reasonable. They are not!

Those are not dumping prices. Chinese are not losing money they make profit.

Fact that Chinese sell it for $26 offering free world wide shipment gives us idea about Mikado profits when they sell it for $220.

I do not care if you fly Mikado or clone. Not my business.

Everyone makes its own decissions.

Saying that clones are pure evil in general is not wise because it will not stop them. I am pretty sure result is the opposite.

I do not understand why my Gartt 800 thread is so popular at Helifreak. It is clear I will not go back and post any updates there. Why year after I was banned people still read it? I did not hack views counts.

Maybe because I did not hesitate to unvail the truth. Also about issues with this kit not only positives.

In Internet era truth is very hard to stop.

By the way Gartt is not a clone. It does not pretendend to be Align product. It has its own brand name. It is just compatible with Align parts. Often I call it a clone because I am lazy :).

If someone is calling it a clone he should consider KDE Direct upgrades also a clones.

18. utrinque

I am pretty sure ethics in business are just a slogan.

Unethical practices are applied by most serious companies and are just nutrient for lawyers when other company sues them. Look at Apple Samsung wars. Look at Microsoft cases etc.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Inc._v._Samsung_Electronics_Co.

Far from RC? Look at Align Scorpion war practices...

http://www.scorpionsystem.com/news/A_Promo/

[​IMG]

I really do not care who started this war. Both parties were unethical.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    19. HungryHungryHippos

Here we go again

My job is to make survey systems in oil and gas, which involves evaluating and integrating gyros that cost over $100,000. So I kind off know what I am on about.

You cannot use the same fock*1ng firmware on a cpu that interfaces with a different MEMs sensor. Someone needs to write new firmware for the cpu that can use the new MEMs sensor.

Even if it is a different MEMs sensor, its probably from the same model family, but a slightly different model number, which just happens to be compatible, and there won't be any difference.

Who ever made this shiz up has absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Infact, if anyone has completed a technical degree, and worked in a technical discipline with gyros, and saw how a Mikado v-bar performs, they would think a Mikado v-bar is reasonably priced for its performance.

All my fleet these days use a Mikado v-bar, and I even paid extra for the pro version firmware.

I think Mikado's wording in their public announcement was polite. And I applaud Mikado for standing up to this issue.

I think its wise.

Yes they are dumping prices, and for those dumping prices, for some scheming person to make a profit, people in a chinese sweatshop will be exploited, did you ever think about that?

Do you know how badly workers are treated in those sweatshops?

By supporting these illegitimate clones, you are making a thief rich, and a lot of exploited workers lives very miserable.

Mikado's business now suffers because they have to delay a product, and so do their customers because they miss out on a bailout system.

Does that make you happy and proud?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
      • Like Like x 4
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • List
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.