Notice Using Illegitimate Clones Has Consequences.

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by HungryHungryHippos, Jun 4, 2015.

By HungryHungryHippos on Jun 4, 2015 at 8:00 AM
  1. HungryHungryHippos

HungryHungryHippos Well-Known Member

Comments

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by HungryHungryHippos, Jun 4, 2015.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.
    1. Min

Min Well-Known Member

Although I agree with most of what you said, the sweatshop bit is not entirely accurate. I understand it was intended to add emotional appeal therefore increasing the persuasiveness however consider this. You are a poor chinese farmer living in rural areas, you make barely enough money to buy clothes for the family and this thing that we view as a sweatshop exploiting people opens up.
      All you do is sit in a room that is sheltered from the elements, put a hot rod onto a green board to melt stuff onto it and you get paid enough to not only buy clothes for yourself but the whole family and also possibly an education for your kids.
      No one forces you to be there, you're more than welcome to go back to the farm to earn less money and do harder work outside under the sun or in the rain.

Which one would you pick?

These people are not being exploited, they are being provided with a opportunity to break out of poverty and keep their successors out of poverty. They may seem to be exploited when compared to the high wages and luxurious lifestyles that we have become accustomed to however somethings need to be viewed in a different reference frame.

If you were living on less than $1.25 a day (definition of poverty) would getting paid $10 a day to work seem that bad?

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • List
    2. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

3. Min

Min Well-Known Member

You think someone who is knowledgeable in gyros valued over $100,000 is not qualified to comment on a gyro priced at $4? You have a very interesting way of thinking.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    4. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

What Mr. Farmer doesn't know it that the product he is manufacturing is an unlicensed clone of another product and that his employers are no more than corporate pirates. Obviously what Mr. Rice Farmer doesn't know doesn't hurt him.

5. Retssaf

Retssaf Member

buying a clone should be an offence , all you are doing is ripping off the proprietor and funding corporate piracy

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    6. utrinque

Yes. Many will burn in hell or die in jail.

7. utrinque

Fact that someone can fly Nano CP X does not mean he knows everything about 800 and vice versa.

8. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

I'm not sure who that last statement was aimed at, regardless, I know entirely too much about the effects of Asian corporate practices. I worked in a ferrite magnet machining facility for 15 years which was basically killed by Asian infiltration of some other magnetics facilities where they came here, learned the ins and outs of the business, and took the knowledge back to China where they proceeded to undermine the ferrite magnet industry. It's not unlike the same thing the Asians are doing by manufacturing cheap clones by means of patent infringement and piracy. Therefore, the issue of Asian piracy is a bit more personal for me.

9. utrinque

Roman Empire dissapeared. I do not cry because of it.

In 7 years World's First Superpower will be China not US...

Watch this lecture, please:
      http://www.ted.com/talks/martin_jacques_understanding_the_rise_of_china

This one is also inspiring:
      https://www.ted.com/talks/kevin_rudd_are_china_and_the_us_doomed_to_conflict

I am against theft. I do not like to be robbed.

Is Mikado selling $4 MEMS for $220?

There are Open Source firmwares for gyros. There is Tarot ZYX S2 for those who do not want to burn in hell.

Those who buy Kbar most probably would not buy Vbar. They have other cheap options which are not questionable. I do not think Mikado is loosing anything.

Sure there are pilots loving and using Vbar which are curious and test Kbar performance for fun. Each already has few Vbars.

Will Apple cry when Xiaomi becames market leader? They made a decission to manufacture iPads and iPhones in China.

Was Mikado guarding Vbar firmware in the past? No, it was free for download from their website before clones appeared. You could download older version from Henseleit website.

Mikado was unable to stop clones only for one reason. People buy use and love clones.

Do not blame me for this.

In long term perspective Open Source projects like Open TX and Oblivion 300+, Open Pilot are the future of RC. Big brands were to lazy to really innovate. Look how they copyright designs from each other all the time.

Vbar firmware is awesome but other companies introduced bailout earlier. This is real threat for Mikado.

Look were Hirobo was and were it is now. Same with Miniature Aircraft.

This is war...

Dog eat dog. RC Groups eat HF.

Do not underestimate Internet power. Uber will propably eat Taxi drivers...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    10. Beaver

Beaver Well-Known Member

11. Min

Min Well-Known Member

"Look were Hirobo was and were it is now. Same with Miniature Aircraft."
      Name the Hirobo and Miniature Aircraft clones....
      Exactly, not much there.
      Hirobo and MA died out because they became obsolete and did not continue developing products that the market wanted. Mikado will not have the funds necessary to continue research and development if these clones continue to steal their intellectual property (the vstabi software) and stuff it into units that are sold at a quarter of the cost. As our treasure says "We want medicare to be sustainable" I and many others want vbar to be sustainable and supporting people who steal their IP is not making it sustainable. There must be some sort of compensation for using one's intellectual property. Patents and intellectual property protection is essential for the advancement of human civilisation or else there will be no incentive to innovate as you can just let someone else innovate and then just copy them.

You complain about paying $220 for a flybarless unit that you believe costs $4 to make (it doesn't because it is manufactured in Germany to ensure a high standard of quality control and Mikado won't pay their workers $10 a day due to minimum wage laws and they actually want a product made to a high standard) think about a simulator license or any paid software for that matter. Solidworks for example, you pay them tens of thousands of dollars for a piece of paper with a bunch of numbers and letters on it that cost less than 10 cents to print out. Is Dassault Systems ripping you off for making you pay tens of thousands of dollars for a 10 cent piece of paper? Is Adobe ripping you off for making you pay hundreds of dollars a month for nothing tangible in return? Are movies ripping you off for charging you $25 for a $2 DVD? Andy Warhol's green car crash silk screen print was sold for 71.7 million dollars when really it cost him little more than $30 to produce.

12. utrinque

It is impossible to stop innovation and exploration. It can be delayed. US cancelled moon exploration funds in 70ties. Now China is planning to go to the moon.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Lunar_Exploration_Program

Please do not blame me for all the evil in this world. I just want to show you different perspective.

Internet changed distribution of music and movies. TV can become oblolete soon. Youtube is not profitable for Google but they will not close it. Trust me.

There is more processing power in my phablet now than it was in Cray 2 supercomputer.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/A-mo...-supercomputer-which-is-more-powerful_id57149

Change is the only constant in this World. To stay on the surface is pretty hard struggle.

I really see future in Open Source, 3D printing, Selective Laser Sintering, new materials.

13. Min

Min Well-Known Member

Bam! There it is, "Funds". Do you think China will be successful in going to the moon with nothing to spend? The US stopped innovation by cutting the funds.
      Clones are slowly cutting the funds going to Mikado so one day the innovation will stop!
      Innovation needs to be funded! People will die if they spend all day thinking and not making money for food so for their thinking to be worth while they need something in return. If these thinkers get nothing in return for their thinking do you think they will continue doing something that yields no rewards or do you think they will just go do a normal job like selling big macs?
      If intellectual property is not adequately protected we will eventually go back to being hunter gathers and foraging!

14. utrinque

Do not panic. Chienese company designed and built fastest on the planet Milkyway supercomputer. In 1.3 billion population they have many rocket scientists.

15. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

Yer... and they stole that as well !!!!!!! do some fact checking @utrinque :)

16. utrinque

Western civilisation was build on theft.

All wars were about stealing tresures gathered by others. Colonialism around stealing natural resources and slavery.

China has nuclear arsenal but does not have to use it to dominate. Their economy will win this war. It is growing 10% each year for last 30 years.

Europe stagnates, US is bankrupt with their many tryllions debt.

US will probably start WW III to avoid paying its debts.

17. simon

simon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
      It's all a conspiracy, man never walked on the moon, JFK was killed by a lone gunman, the US has no alien aircraft, there are faces on mars, the Illuminati rule the world and the Western Civilization was built on theft
      Simon

18. Adolf

Adolf Active Member

Man.. who gives a shiz.. Really.. the rips off will do what they do and nothing anyone says here will make it any different .. Lots of valid points and some well.. not valid points.. this thread will go no where, Don't even bother with it people, this has been bashed out on every forum under the sun., Total troll fest.. Move on ..

19. HeliGods

HeliGods Mark - Administrator Staff Member

I see no real value in leaving this thread open any longer. Everyone's views have been expressed..

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • List
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.