Question? What Was Your Best Ever Flight!

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Oct 10, 2014.

By smakmeharder on Oct 10, 2014 at 9:22 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

OK so we hear about all the bad crashes and stuff. What about your best flight ever? Does anyone have one? If so when was it and what were you doing?

Comments

Discussion in 'The Chat Room' started by smakmeharder, Oct 10, 2014.

1. HeliGod Father

HeliGod Father Administrator Staff Member

What a great thread topic @smakmeharder ... so often we are asking - what is the worst, the baddest or most unfortunate incident. Well mine was when i was flying outside of the HeliGods chapel, performing rainbows above the holy heliblade cross with the sun setting in the background. My LOGO Extreme was simply divine - you could almost hear the helicopter sing as it smacked backwards and forwards across the sky. After 6 lots of packs i was done for the evening but had - one of those flights - that could only be described as simply divine..

2. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

How pathetic, just like this pathetic thread @smakmeharder... Notice how many people reply? They want to hear about crashes, not about "how wonderful it was!". Grow a pair and maybe next time I wont make you so ill....and as for you @HeliGod Father have you smoked to many poppy weeds lately? Sounds a bit delusional to me..

• Funny Funny x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • List
    3. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

You tell em @Crash Heligod ..... Set em straight ! Bunch of sun loving flower picking, tree hugging, skirt wearing.... Mancy's!

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    4. Crash Heligod

Crash Heligod Moderator Staff Member

5. MadBird

MadBird Well-Known Member

Every flight where you're ungraced of Crash's presence is the best flight ever.

6. William

William Active Member

This is a difficult topic, because the great flights keep coming, as the skill keeps improving new more wonderful flight evolve from the earlier great flights!

I know some kewl milestone flight that stick out, first this and new that, I remember some of my first flights with my new logo back in the day.

7. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

Mine would have to be the Noon demo flight I did at a fun fly I attended on September 9th. It was my first demo flight ever, and I was pretty nervous. But I got through it just fine, and brought the helicopter back to the pit in one piece. :) Oh....and while at this event, a fellow helicopter pilot saw a set of broken blades in the back of my truck...and asked if he could have one of them. I said sure, it`s all yours. He picked it up, and then pulled out a sharpie....and asked if I was autograph it for him. I was definitely NOT ready for something like that, but I happily signed it for him.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
    8. smakmeharder

OMG, you sure that wasnt @Crash Heligod in disguise asking you to autograph his sharpie? Well you definitely have some fans now @Geena and some of these fans sound like they might be handy if you ever end up in a spot of trouble. How many watching?

9. William

William Active Member

My good buddy Conor just got himself a Logo 700XX, after he got it all setup he asked me to fly it.

I am very impressed with the harmony and performance of the 700XX I just might have to sell some stuff and get one for myself!

We have been flying a bunch lately, this flight here may not be the most spectacular but it felt very connected, considering I had never flown this machine before.

10. smakmeharder

I have to say that the 700 XX looks so familiar to the logo extreme in many ways. The extreme is an incredibly well built machine as @3dmick has one - apart from speedy issues its been flawless..

11. William

William Active Member

Yup the 700 uses the same head and driveline, just smaller frame and shorter boom/TT...

A friend offered for me to fly his 800 logo, but I declined, the owner was not a 3D pilot, and I didn't want to be the crash test dummy!

12. Geena

Geena Well-Known Member

LMBO... I don`t think it was Crash, but ya never know. There were somewhere around 150 +/- people watching my flight.

13. Manyc

Manyc Well-Known Member

Probably one of my most memorable is when I put the 570 on 12s... @5Fidy had once told me he would break my thumbs if I ever flew better than him. I had gotten used to the heli... and @5Fidy was there and asked me to show him what it could do... I just threw it round the sky.. no plan just one thing after another all about 5 metres off the deck... when I landed he told me it was time for him to break my thumbs...

14. Min

Min Well-Known Member

This flight is alright

15. HeliGod Father

HeliGod Father Administrator Staff Member

Some nice flying there @Min .. Well done you truly are enlightened.

16. smakmeharder

Oh My HeliGod ...
      Crash you just never letup. Not only do you have to make me so ill, I have to always live up to your ongoing unrealistic list of expectations. If a threads not good enough you complain. If i dont crash you complain. But i see your in a bit of a bind lately. If you crash all my helis, you cant visit the heli fields as easily. So thats why you have not been smashing my choppers to bits - now I understand! And as for the @HeliGod Father , you should not poke a bear with a stick!

17. utrinque

utrinque Well-Known Member

Once bolt holding tail grip broke mid flight in my 800. Flying away grip with blade cut second tail blade at the root. Result was fast piro mid flight at relatively high altitude. I did not panic. I turned throttle hold. Piro stopped. I hit maximum negative collective and was watching 800 descending fast. It was my first autorotation with 800 ever. Landing was perfect, smooth as silk. I was proud I did not crash it. Look at those photos:
      [​IMG] [​IMG]
      Actually I made a mistake trying to tightening this bolt to hard. Do not use excessive force with bolts holding tail gripps.