Off Topic Whats Your Thoughts? Indonesian Executions...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by smakmeharder, Apr 29, 2015.

By smakmeharder on Apr 29, 2015 at 5:14 PM
  1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

So whats your thoughts on the Indonesian Executions?

Justified or excessive? Was it a political statement? Whats going to be the outcome?

I am ambivalent... IE when signs are in the airport clearly detailing the outcome you should take heed...
    HOWEVER... We all make mistakes and people who take drugs will get them from somewhere else at the end of the day
    BUT... How do you stamp out drug trafficking? One thing is certain, there is no re-offence.

I have my own theories.... Australia nutted Indonesia in some big coal contracts to India just recently. This really peeved off alot of bureaucrats in Indonesia. This coupled with a new leaders desire to make a statement ended with the result we see now.

Is it right? I feel the death penalty if ever implemented really needs to be reserved for extreme circumstances. For example some of those involved in the bali bombing really deserved this extreme penalty but have since been released. A drug mule however is executed. If a number of Americans were seized would Indonesia still execute them?

Comments

Discussion in 'Politics' started by smakmeharder, Apr 29, 2015.

1. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

So do you have any ideas on how they should have handled it @Adolf?

2. Adolf

Adolf Active Member

With a name like Adolf , i better leave that one alone @smakmeharder ;) i know better !

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • List
    3. Jeff_Bradley

Jeff_Bradley Well-Known Member

I remember doing my first Tic Toc, best feeling ever ;