Help Yep 100

Discussion in 'YEP' started by ripcurlsurf, Apr 18, 2014.

By ripcurlsurf on Apr 18, 2014 at 10:18 AM
  1. ripcurlsurf

ripcurlsurf Member

Hi Guys,

I have a gob 500 using a yep 100 esc.

A month ago i had an issue where the esc was hot and the batt was really hot. Using the default setups on a scorp 4020-1100 kv

Lucky the Gods let me land it as it didnt result in any fires - thank god but I know i was close.

The Revo batt burnt a cell as the PL8 advised it - buying the premium batt didn't help me....

I have changed the pinion now

Anyway testing it I noticed the yep beeps twice and I cant power up the heli using a different batt.

Have I rooted the YEP too??

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014

Comments

Discussion in 'YEP' started by ripcurlsurf, Apr 18, 2014.

1. simon

simon Well-Known Member

I have smoked 1 cell in a 12s Revo pack, then the next weekend smoked 2 cells in a revo pack. I have only one left and one of the cells is slow to balance, I'll be leaving revo packs alone from now on. They have about 40 cycles each and I land with at least 30% in the packs and charge at 1C 95% of the time. IMO they are not a great stick. I'd change pack brands. I have had a great Gens Ace pack for a while now. I hear good things about the ARK sticks as well. Not sure about the yep, but from what I hear they are good and cheap. I'd buy one for sure. Let us know how you go.

Simon.....

2. Micah Hills

Micah Hills New Member

I found the Revo packs to be out of balance as well. My Pulse pack takes about a minute to balance.

For the YEP two beeps means 2 Beeps/flashes: Under-voltage identification

3. ZEN RC

ZEN RC Well-Known Member

No the Yep is fine. I've had that happen too.
      Just by chance I was messing with the govenor settings and when I re-set the throttle end points as part of the routine the ESC seemed happy. I'd suggest if you have the programming card, just try to re-set the throttle endpoints. Not sure why, but it worked for me.... go figure....

4. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

I basically got giving a brand new yep 120 Hv for my 700 BUDGET build, I hope it works out ok .. Anyone here know a lot about them, anything to look out for ?

5. simon

simon Well-Known Member

Hey
      @The Dude Please tell us all what you think, I have heard great things about these, and a reliable experience detail from a trustworthy soul like yourself to our little community would be appreciated.
      Cheers Mate
      Simon

6. Micah Hills

Micah Hills New Member

I have five Yeps lol! two in side Goblin 500's, one in my logo, one in my 450, and one in my Airwolf. They all have been great. The only thing you DO need is the programming card. Himodel also sells them under ICE controllers.

7. smakmeharder

smakmeharder Administrator

So when you say they are great, are they more efficient - a better build, or just work? What are the main attributes that make them good (aside from price)

8. Micah Hills

Micah Hills New Member

They have one of the best and I mean best Governors when set up right. I put it on par with the Vbar gov. They also have a good BEC. I use the built in on both Goblins, 450 and 500 Airwolf. It's 6 amp's normal with 12 amp's max. That is not to say it won't fail. I used it with my logo 600 and it did great, but on flight 51 during a hard pull up it failed and my Demon 3x reset.

It is a clone of the YGE.